Group Shower

When I got back home, I found my favorite girl Vampire in bed, waiting. Pillows tucked behind her, a sheet covering her legs.

Jessica had blonde company, sitting cross-legged, a big paperback book in her lap. MCAT study guides on the bed told me what they had been up to.

"How did it go?" Jessica asked

"You drilling my girl?" I asked

"Sure. You left her unguarded." Helen replied, closing the book.

"I trusted you not to take advantage of her state. You know how much sex she needs right now." I faux protested.

"Fuck that. I know how much sex I need right now." Helen replied.

"How did it go?" Jessica asked again.

I flopped on the end of the bed and let out a strong sigh. "Well. They are Sirens. About what you'd expect. Your very most favorite Siren confirmed a suspicion: The Sirens were planning on killing all the Vampires in a full frontal assault of some sort until they saw how we fought. Us three, plus Rachel and me that first time. They saw how few of us it takes to wipe out an entire room of them. How supposedly weak males are able to fight. Thank you for teaching me how to do that, my lovely wife. Came in super handy in the Hypernatural world."

Helen got a familiar look in her eyes. Thoughtful. Plans. Schemes rolling around in there. "That had to get truly up their collective snouts."

I smiled at her. "Worse: they think they are losing their macho Mojo because some female Sirens keep telling them how much they'd like to take a certain male Vampire to bed rather than them."

Helen looked pained.

"Hey! It's good news! The attention I get is putting the boy Siren's off-balance. They are reevaluating their options. Better news, the female Sirens might make a move to better control the males. All very iffy, but the best we have at the moment. I talked to Vera about it. She is not totally happy that I understood that females are the hidden power behind the throne. I don't think she is totally comfortable with her role in that world yet."

"Vera wants you back?" Jessica asked, and it was just barely a question.

I sighed. "It is not Vera playing the 'Vampires are sexy' game in there as much as Leslie, but to answer your question: Yes and no. Vera thinks she wants me, but it's the same old thing. Vera wants a nice guy that can treat her bad. Or a bad guy that can treat her nice. She's a Siren. That is how she is wired. If she lived as long as you, she might even be able to get that all resolved in her head."

I sighed "Ironically, being a hypersensitive Male Vampire means that I actually could be as good in bed as their fictional account of me painted it. With my strength, natural proclivities, and ability to read their desires, I could tell exactly what they wanted and give that to them, no matter what that desire is. However, Yuck. I view holding a woman down and being abusive the same way most people view drinking blood. Just yuck."

I shook that off. "Vera tells the male Sirens, some post-coitally, that they are not as good in the sack as the boy Vamp, and they are having an existential crisis about it. Male Sirens are not introspective as a group, but they are not happy with the idea that they are not gods gift to women either. Leslie, the bartender, told Larry the same thing: That male Sirens suck in bed, and in no uncertain terms. He is really not able to understand what she is saying. However: both Leslie and Vera are putting it out there. Leslie announced to the room she might get naked for me and only me next time. The boys are going to need to go beyond their beautiful singing voices to keep those two happy. I told Vera it is up to her and the ladies at the bar to help keep a lid on the locals during the Conclave, more or less."