Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: Still violent!

Elizabeth froze. Wrath leaned in and brushed her hair to the side.

"Don't touch her!" growled Meliodas.

Nobody listened. Pride came over and stared at her.

"It's amazing." he whispered. "How does it feel? When you see the world, can't you see all the life. It looks like there is enough to spare for me."

"If you want to live then maybe you shouldn't have killed yourself." she said.

Selim laughed and poked her forehead.

"I let someone kill me because I believed I was right." he answered. "I knew I could bring someone back to life. No one else was brave enough to take the leap. So I did."

"Makes sense." muttered Merlin making Pride turn to her.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked.

"Well who would want to live a life created by other people and filtered into something you can use by their friends." she snapped. "It's sick."

"She's next." Pride muttered.

"What NO!" Merlin's eyes widened and Selim returned to the circle.

Gluttony grinned and leaned over Arthur. The amber haired boy shook as the knife appeared.

"Leave him ALONE!" screamed Merlin.

Gluttony stared at the knife for a second before throwing it aside and bitting Arthur's leg.

Arthur cried out in pain. Gluttony pulled away and watched as the blood seeped out.

"I want to eat him." he whined to Lust.

"I now." she sighed. "But you can't. At least not yet."

Merlin sobbed as the dust flew into the air and into her heart. But this time her eyes didn't just roll back. She let out an ear piercing scream.

"Merlin!" Arthur cried through the pain his leg was causing him. "Please stop!"

"You were right." Wrath said to Pride as the shadows moved again. "Love is a powerful filter."

Pride laughed and cut across Merlin's chest. More black dust then before came poring out of her. It danced through the air until it found Selim.

He cried out and the circle on the floor lit up. Red lightning crackled and grew up from the ground. Elizabeth watched in horror as Selim sucked out the life of her friends. She saw Elaine crying; Ban and Meliodas struggling to get free; Petra and the other Tragedies who had already been used once, were trying not to cry out in pain, while the other three Sins were still passed out.

"It's amazing." Elizabeth heard Lust say. "He was right."

"This is sick." said Greed turning away so he couldn't see Merlin and Arthur.

"Then why are you here?" hissed Envy.

"So my brother doesn't lose the girl he loves." he snapped. "Wrath blackmailed me."

Envy laughed at this.

"Nice going." he told the older man.

"We need to hurry up." Wrath answered. "I'm sure that short man will find this place soon."

"You mean that Levi guy?" asked Lust. "Why didn't you just kill him?"

"Where's the Wrath in that?" he smiled. "Anyway Lust, I'm surprised. Your daughter is being tortured and you haven't batted one eyelash."