Chapter Eleven

"Why are you following me?" the girl snapped, rounding on the small blonde boy.

"Why not?" he asked innocently smiling at her.

"It's creepy!" she cried.

"Sorry that's not what I'm trying to be." he chuckled. "I just want to be around you."

The girl's cheeks turned as pink as her hair.

"No you don't." she muttered turning away. "I'm not the kind of person who has friends."

"That's because you never had one before."

The boy walked around so he stood in front of her and smiled kindly.

"I'm not going to go out with you!" she yelled.

"Chill out!" the boy laughed. "I just want to stay by your side."

"You don't even know me!"

"I'd like to."

"Why?"

"Because you look sad."

The girl stepped back in shock.

"So that's it." she laughed humorlessly. "I don't want your pity. I'm fine. Now leave me alone."

"Nope." he shook his head. "You're wrong. I don't pity you, but I think I'd be able to understand you. So I'm going to keep following you until you except that I'm not going to abandon you."

"Then what? When I realize that are you going to run away?" she glared at him.

"Well I won't follow you." the boy thought for a second. "I know! How about when you realize that, you'll let me walk by your side."

The girl blushed and started to walk away. But when she looked back she saw that the boy was indeed following her.

And he kept following her until one day she stoped.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm waiting for you to catch up." she whispered.

The boy's cheeks turned red but a smile spread across his face. He walked over and stood next to her.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"No, but maybe that's why I'm alone." she wouldn't look at him.

"Guess it's a good thing you got me." he said as he wrapped his fingers around her's.

"Guess so." her lips twitched into an almost smile. "Now neither of us are alone."

"Promise not to leave?" he turned to look up at her.

"Only if you promise first."

"I promise."

"Then so do I." she grinned. "You're going to make a great friend Meliodas."

"I think it's a little late to be friends." he laughed.

"What do you mean?" she said looking up at the sky.

"I love you Liz!"

"Oh really?" her voice came out cold, bitting into him like daggers. "Then why did you let me die."

She turned to look at him. Blood ran down her face and soaked through her clothes.

Meliodas sat bolt upright, he was covered in sweat and tears filled his eyes. It had been awhile since he dreamed of Liz. He had hoped that they were gone for good. But who was he kidding?