Chapter Nineteen

Merlin could feel Selim watching her.

As soon as she walked through the door of the school she felt something lock onto her and she was eighty percent positive that it was the youngest Sin.

She shouldn't even be there but she wanted to check something.

Gowther was waiting in her car as she broke into the dark high school. It was Saturday night, four days after what happened to Petra and Edward. Merlin wanted to know if what Kimblee did had anything to do with what Selim wanted.

"I know you're here." she said walking into one of the classrooms. "I just want to talk."

"I know what you want, Merlin, daughter of Lust, the new Seven Deadly Sins, the Boar sin of Gluttony." a child's voice hissed from the shadows.

"Show yourself." commanded Merlin trying to stop herself from trembling.

"Why should I?" asked the voice.

"It will give me something to talk to." she answered.

"Very well."

A small black haired boy emerged from the corner of the room.

"Better?" he asked.

Merlin didn't say anything, instead she sat down at one of the desks and gestured for the child to do the same. The boy rolled his eyes but complied.

"What is your name?" Merlin asked.

"Don't you already know?" he said.

"I want you to say it."

"Fine." he hissed. "I am Selim Bradley, the Sin of Pride."

"You don't seem so scary now." said Merlin quietly.

Shadows tore up from the ground and wrapped around her. Slowly they forced her to bend her arm back to the point were it almost broke then they vanished with a flick. Merlin felt a little blood trickle down from a cut they had made.

"What about now?" asked Selim a smile spreading across his face.

"Anyway." Merlin regained her perfectly cool face. "I wanted to know if you knew about what happened recently?"

"Oh you mean that man beating up Edward Elric and Petra Ral?" the child laughed cruelly. "Oh yes. Let me guess you wanted to know if that was my doing."

Merlin nodded her fists clenching underneath the desk.

"Sorry," he answered. "That is not my Sin."

"What do you mean?"

"I will only commit, or have some else commit, a crime that has to do with pride. That was completely different. It was pure wrath." Selim said.

"Who is the Sin of Wrath?" she asked.

"I cant tell you that. It will spoil all the fun." he cried.

"Very well." Merlin thought for a second. "Then tell me how you got here."

"Simple, I followed a girl in a white dress."

"Elaine!" cried Merlin.

"Yes, I think that was her name." he nodded. "She was here the other day with the tall white haired boy."

The colour drained from Merlin's face.

"Elaine actually gave me the chance to move on." the child continued. "I could have left this world all together. But when I saw her go back I realized if I could go back I'd have a lot more fun. I mean after all, my comrades had been causing trouble for you guys from behind the scenes for a long time."