Review #16: Taken Away

*Status: Ongoing*

Is there some competition between Wattpad writers? “Who Makes the Main Character’s Life The Most Miserable Contest” or “Most Dramatic Story Awards” I guess? Well, if so, Taken Away as a story and its writer definitely win both- hands down.

The story line would’ve been interesting and nice if it was written differently. Why do you have to make the MC’s life a living hell? One, two, three problems, that’s okay… not all life’s cruelty mixed up in one person existence. Oddly, I mentioned this point before in the previous review on Woman, praising the writer UnTypicalType for not doing so. May I ask why? I read before a story by FatimaBsh and I reviewed it; I actually liked it and found her rather talented. I was shocked seeing how the events of Taken Away went.

*Spoiler Alert*

I’m sure here everyone knows what “rape” means, and is aware of what happens and how it happens.

“He approached me and laid me on the bed, I tried resisting but it was useless he was too strong for me. He laid on top of me and I closed my eyes to avoid gazing to his bloodshot ones. I could feel his cold hands tracing my body and slowly undressing me. My sobs were silent and my tears were spilling. I could eel him against me and I was more than disgusted. I felt a strong wave of pain spreading over my body and a scream let my lips. I shivered and shuddered when he pulled out of me and got dressed then smirked at me once more before leaving me in my own bloody sheets.”

First, I quote a friend of mine as he precisely said: “I like how it only took him one push to defile her and then he just left… Like aye bitch my diggity dong just made you bleed now catch ya later”. I couldn’t have commented on this any better. Rape is not just a process of putting the man in her secret garden and just walking away in one blow. Should I mention that before that she didn’t bother screaming? You could’ve kicked him with your knees, you could’ve spat on his face, you could’ve done anything- moving let or right “trying to escape” is definitely not enough, and crying sure as hell won’t solve it.

Moving on from that one-push-run-away rape mission, we come across the run on sentences. Why are people constantly forgetting how to use them? Not only forgetting how to, but forgetting to use them in the first place.

Tip for MC’s who get kidnapped or attacked: young ladies, you do not, and I repeat: you do not cll your kidnapper/attacker good looking. You do not say he has a sexy voice or anything of that matter. And you sure as hell do not say to yourself that you’d date him if he wasn’t your kidnapper. The “L” word is forbidden when it comes to talking about your kidnapper. I do not care if you’re just thinking it to yourself, one does not simply think o how cute the guy is when he kidnapped you. You don’t go on simply thinking that IF he didn’t kidnap you, you might’ve fallen in love with him. He kidnapped you, k-i-d-n-a-p-p-e-d you, for Pete’s sake. You should be scared at least and terrified. You have a strong heart? Then attack that jerk. One does not simply think of how cute or hot their kidnapper is.

Another thing that I just don’t quite understand is that why do writers have to write rom so many P.O.Vs? But what gets to me usually is when girls try to write from a guy’s P.O.V. I’m not being a sexist, in fact I’m against sexism, but it is obvious that a girl is writing this. They just don’t quite get how guys think. Males do think differently from females, and that’s something they don’t seem to know. You can’t just write your thoughts and put them exactly as a guy’s; think like a man.

To all writers and not just Fatima: Don’t exaggerate. Proofread your writings, double check for mistakes of any kind. Good luck for the upcoming updates.

Thank you xx