Review #5: Traceless

*Status: Ongoing*

 When we read, we drift into another world; that’s of course if the book is great. If it is, we feel every single emotion with the characters, from each and every angle. “I see it in high definition” once a girl commented about a story I reviewed. The thing is, it actually makes sense. This is exactly how you should imagine a scene when you’re reading a book, in high definition – where it isn’t too detailed or too crowded, just clear enough for us to envision it in excellence.

My point is, it’s achieved in this book as well. Ethereallce, writer of Traceless, manages to hit that point well. I wasn’t bored by reading the explanations, but I won’t say I found them as captivating as the details of OUAW and MNIR were (the books I reviewed earlier). I won’t deny that they are important, ‘cause they are, however, not exactly beautiful.

You see, MNIR & OUAW are romantic and deep. On the other hand, this book is a thriller/mystery. I was actually teased to find out who the author was talking about in the first chapter because as she is stating names, she doesn’t actually name them – no, she writes “Spoilers” instead of the names, which I found quiet smart and a good different way to tease the readers.

Moreover, another advantage in this book is adding the “recaps”. You don’t have to go to the previous chapters and reread them to catch up; you just simply read the recap that is in the beginning of each chapter. I think the writer deserves a thumbs-up on this one.

If I have to complain about something in the book, it’d be that the updates are late, nothing more.

All in all, it’s an interesting book so far. Keep it up!

Thank you xx