Review #8: Fallen Angela

*Status: Ongoing*

Remember how our parents used to talk about how books are useful for us nonstop? Their reasons would be it enhances your language and broaden your imagination and creativity. However, one thing they usually forget to do is inform us of its context. They forget to mention that some books are really useful to you not just for your linguistics and thoughts, they're also beneficial as they teach us lessons in life that thy might have forgotten about or they've thought of as unimportant. Not only so, but they forget to warn us about others; in fact, they encourage us to read them, such as fairytales.

"As we grow up, we are raised up on fairytales. We have this idea implanted in our head that our life would be like a Disney princess story when we grow up. Little girls live their childhood dreaming about the moment they grow and find their prince charming that'll swipe them of their feet and take them to his kingdom, where they'll live happily ever after. "

How many of you have been victims of such stories? Having high hopes and then life crushes you down; so you lose this faith; you might even give up on love generally. You fall, you break… and even if you try to put the pieces back up, it still wouldn’t be the same.  Those stories don't prepare you for reality.

On the other hand, some do; for instance, "Fallen Angela" isn't just a story told to fill up your time and read or educate yourself. It does instruct you, however, about life. As Angela shares her stories with us, via this life-changing gift that she receives, she teaches the readers to stay strong no matter how much life and people try to bring you down. She teaches you the true meaning of love, through explaining her past and clarifying her thoughts. "Love. Love is known to be the most noble and beautiful feeling a person can experience. It's known to bring happiness into your life and light up your world. It is said to be worth fighting for and a reason to stay alive and keep going. Love is known as many things."

… "The moment you give them your love, you give them the power to destroy you; yet you trust them not to." Do you agree? Isn't it that when you love someone that their words affect you? Aren't they the reason you cry yourself to sleep? As you remember in "Once Upon a Wednesday" (by LutherJKanso), it was mentioned as well but differently. And to explain what Fatima means, I'll quote him (or else it would be considered plagiarism). He says: "Why do you cry yourself to sleep occasionally? Is it because of a person who wounded you? Or is it because your parents, or a sibling, demeaned you or abused you? Either ways, it's because of love. How? When the rational is being injured from a particular person, it's because you idolize them… The little kid weeps when his mother doesn’t purchase him the plaything he fancies because he loves it. A person wails at the notion of doom because he loves life…" You might find this irrelevant, but if you think of it, this is how love destroys you.

Ignoring the really few punctuation mistakes that are in this book and one simple improbable event (spoiler: when the girl is stabbed more than once; I found the details of it unrealistic)

, you could say this book is almost perfect. It's simple and its words aren't that difficult, yet the story is deep. It might not be completed yet, but till now it's a life guide. As you read, you get to connect to the character of Angela and her struggles. Update soon, Fatima (:

Thank you xx

**I'll be tryin gto update twice a day so that the reviews you guys requested won't. I've just been a bit busy that's all, but I'll try my best not to keep you waiting long**