Review #22: Interlinked

A/N: I've had quite the rollercoaster ride with doing reviews; I stopped and came back more times than Jerry had to escape from Tom. The reason is simply there is too much. I started majoring in English Literature, and I aspire to be a critic one day. The messages all of you have been sending - asking me to review your books followed by the comments you had to say about my book of reviews - are encouraging and flattering even though indirectly. However, I can't read all. If you require a book review, I kindly you ask you to follow my account, it'd be much easier for me. I'll be checking my 'followers' list and confirming their requests; so pitch in - it's harmless. Thank you for your time, and i hope you enjoy this review.

Review #21: My Name Is Raquel

Author: Nour Zheiry

Status: Completed

Note: NOT a fan-fiction.

Authors grow by time and so do their characters and experiences.

More than a year has passed for us to receive the last words of Interlinked, hence we can say that we've grown along with the writer. It may not be clear as to how her characters have grown because the frame that completes Zheiry's portraits tend to be frozen in time. However, the characters do change along with their perspective.

For instance, notice the character of Raquel. She was a young adult who's grown before her age, nevertheless, she was still a child. Thus, we have observed the permanent growth in Raquel's character after the tragedy that consumed everyone at the end. She comes to a realization that is perhaps something everyone goes through or will go through someday. Each chapter, not only in Interlinked, but in every book, holds a different message that the reader interprets according to what he/she needs or wants to know. If you are going through family problems, you focus on what the character does regarding his/her own issues about family, you study the consequences of their actions, and finally you reach out to a conclusion and apply in real life - mainly this process occurs subconsciously. 

Nevertheless, Zheiry attempts a universal theme (the universe in this case reflects the story Interlinked) and her carrier is Raquel's conversation with her friend Mason. She allows the reader to grip, alongside with Raquel, the concepts of forgiveness and struggle to fight for something. 

The work ends with the confirmation of the reality put into this story, as Zheiry writes "In loving memory of my best friend" - the person, though living in the metaphysical world,  who inspired her to write the Epilogue; perhaps, this Epilogue in return inspired her to find a closure. 

The art that is put into Interlinked, not only words, but words describing actual art that hasn't yet been formed in reality but merely in Zheiry's imagination, simply leaves the reader out of words. The book is greatly adorned - but not to the extreme, which is quite a point of strength. 

The drama in the story resonates the lengths of tragedies occurring in each character's life, so one cannot say that the story is overly dramatic - it is a well calculated equation. Most of the events, i can confirm, are realistic. It'd be a great idea for Zheiry to write a section - either at the end or the beginning of the book - about everything that played a role in inspiring her to write the book itself. 

Not to forget, this is neither a prequel nor a sequel for either Illegal or My Name Is Raquel. The characters of Zayn and Raquel recurred in Interlinked only because no one wanted Zaquel to end. They are different characters from those in her previous books, carrying different lives, thoughts and spirits altogether.

The structure is coherent and well formed. I will not comment on the grammar of this story because it is unedited and the grammar structure itself is mainly good and with no errors - of course each writer might have a few mistakes here and there, but that is due to too much concentration. Regardless, the grammatical laws are to be completely denied in this story and not to be taken into consideration. 

Interlinked is quite too beautiful, and whatever blemishes it may contain, only add up to the genuity of it's cathartic beauty.