Review #11: The Heartbroken Heartbreaker

*Status: Completed*

 "…people meet and fall in love. As a matter of fact, I still believe in this. I still believe that people end up together. What really changed was the fact that this time, I don’t simply think that it will end there. Now, I know that people are bound to fall out of love as well."

Nothing truly finishes; whatever seems like the   line is actually the start line. Life is an ongoing cycle that you can't quite predict; "happy endings" don't exist. No, I am not being a pessimist. What I'm simply saying is there is no end. The only finale is only for the one who dies, and not the story.

I myself never liked a happy finish; it always sounded too predictable to me – it became a platitude, an unstated rule to finish a story as a happily ever after.

However, THH shed the lights on something else, which I'm actually thankful for. It may not have had the perfect closure in the eyes of the rest, but I had my vision of a perfect closure; which was non-existent. You may wonder: "how?" Let me explain. It had an open ending, where you wonder how the characters' lives would go on. What I liked most about the finale was that the last words from Kyla and Seth, main characters in the story, were simply "Hi". Quite the finish, wasn't it? It was refreshing to read such a story. It was reality.

It had real events and real plot twists – just like the ones in life. You may expect something to happen, and it will… but not always. There will be little details that maneuver your life in paths you never knew existed. "But rarely in our lives do we ever get what we wish for…"

That's what I loved about it. There was neither exaggerated nor an understatement. It was perfect. It was a life, and not just a story.

"You never really stop missing someone, even long after you've moved on. You simply get used to the fact that you are missing them, changing the way you deal with their absence."  

The story included romantic/cute moments, that I found enjoyable; they weren't too much that'd you'd get bored of it – it was just right.

I am simply in love with this book. Yes, it's highschool romance story, but done differently. I wouldn't complain about a single aspect of it. I love it, I love its tiny details.

Thank you xx

**Sorry for posting late reviews, I've just been swamped lately and couldn't find the time to actually write one. I'll also be gone on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday... So, sorry to keep your requests waiting. Thanks for 1K ! (: **