Review #6: Broken

Review #6: Broken

*Status: Ongoing*

Broken, unlike the books I reviewed so far, is poetry. Its poems are simple and sentimental. It’s obvious that the poet wrote genuine emotions.

I honestly don’t know what to write exactly, but it’ll be a short review compared to the rest. There’s not much to say anyways.

Some poems I really liked, and some others I found that they were good but not as good as the rest. Not all of them have a rhyme and rhythm though; which isn’t that important in matter of fact. There are a lot of poems that have neither; the point of it mainly is not to write it in prose. The thing that grabbed my attention is how she alters in rhymes at times not making them cliché (for e.g. how she rhymes “dirt” with “worked” or “earlier” with “behavior”), although some were repetitive like “clear” and “near”, “fear” and “here”, or “me” and “see”, etc… well, you get the point.

Basically, the title sums the concept of the poetries that is they’re dejected writings, however, not all of them are. There might be a few mistakes or so but as I’ve been informed, they are being edited. So if you want to zone out and try different things, if you’re in depression and you need someone to relate to, simply read Hope’s poems as a consolation.

 "But you don't know how hard it is to get off life's dirt

My heart is bleeding and broken

My heart is tired of love

My heart is  sick of broken promises

Sick of being betrayed by the closest ones

Maybe fairytales & love stories only exist in books

Or in some place where no one can look?"

Thank you xx