ANGER

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING

CLARY POV

     I had an ice pack to my eye. Jace had ran home to get me an ice pack and some food. "You know Jace... You really didn't have to do this," I say shyly.

     "You're right... your father should keep his fucking hands off you" He grunts. I roll my eyes and look at Jace with one eye. "Why are you still with him?" He asks.

    "I have nowhere to go," I say simply. Jace frowns at me.

     "But...You work...Money should be able to get you somewhere..." Jace says. I stay silent. Jace stares at me for ten seconds until his face changes. His eyebrows scrunch up into a frown. His mouth opens into a jaw drop of angry disbelief. "No...No don't tell me you actually give him all your money!" Jace hisses. I look down at the floor in shame.

     "I...I pay rent...and... I pay the bills...and I pay for food and clothing..." I slowly say.

     "So you pay for everything?!" Jace asks angrily.

     "No...He uses the money my grandmother left me for college for booze" I explain. Jace scoffs and gets up. He starts pacing the stables.

     "Unbelievable!" Jace yells. His blonde hair was all messed up instead of his clean perfect usual slicked-back style. I look at Jace more closely as he keeps pacing and rambling. He was really hot...I mean...Obviously, I noticed this when I first saw him. But now...As he paces around in anger...in anger for me...It makes him 20x hotter. He cares about me. Any person would be upset that someone is getting beaten. but Jace was enraged. If we were in a cartoon his whole body would be on fire. He's so sweet for it too. I've never had anyone who cared about me. And it feels really nice to have someone who does now. I sigh and stand up, putting the ice pack down.

      "Why do you care?" I ask him.

JACE POV

     Why do I care? I care because......because...because...it's wrong!

because... I care about her well being...

I care about her...

    "I just do!" I tell her. "You're a good person... you don't deserve any of this..." I say as I let out a breath of emotional exhaustion. "You're....you're great..." I say. Clary's cheeks redden. I look at her. I'm not sure what pushes me. I don't even really know this girl. I've only known her for about three to four days. But something pushes me to do this...It was an urge. I grab Clary and pull her into me. her face was inches away from mine. I hesitate, her intoxicatingly sweet scent of strawberry mango made me want to hold her like this forever. I was about to lean in more to kiss her. She just got hit by her dad...She's nor in the right state right now...You'll just hurt her. I start leaning away slowly when suddenly I feel Clary pull me into her. My lips crash into hers. I wrap my arms around her hips and kiss her deeply.

It was the best feeling in the world.