Step Mother

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING
Happy Fourth of July everyone!
I hope you like this story! Lol

JACE POV

     "Why?!" I ask in anger. My father looks up at me. He looked exhausted. His hair was a mess. his suit was wrinkled and his tie was gone.

     "Because Jace, It's pathetic that the Herondale's have had this place for three generations and have never used it! it's beautiful! spacious, and the perfect environment for you to get along with Kaelie" My dad explains. Kaelie is my ex-girlfriend. A week after we broke up she married my dad. I had to watch my ex go up and kiss my dad. Of course, her parents didn't mind the huge age gap and how immensely inappropriate it was. My dad is loaded...that's all they care about.

     "Oh! I'm sorry I don't get along with the ex-girlfriend who keeps sticking her damn tongue down my father's throat!" I growl.

       "Jace..we've been through this!" My father says sternly.

      "Mom would be furious." My fathers head snaps up at me. The look in his eyes is deadly. but his facial expression is filled with genuine sadness.

      "Have you packed?" He asks. I stay silent for five seconds. "Go do it... I want you downstairs tomorrow at six-thirty sharp." He says coldly. I sigh and walk up the marble stairs. I walk down a few hallways until I get to my huge room. I turn the light switch on and off three times and then go get my clothes and suitcase. I angrily fold my clothes in exactly three folds. I have OCD I do everything in three's. Usually, when you have OCD you do everything by an even number. But, I guess I'm different.  Who am I kidding? I'm different in every single way.

CLARY POV

    I was giving Honey a bath when I hear the door to the stables open. "Clary? Are you here?" I hear Joshua ask.

    "Yup! Just cleaning Honey up" I explain as I hose off the soap on Honey's back. Honey is a honey-colored horse I have to take care of. Well...I have to take care of all the horses. There are 26 of them. Their names literally go from A-Z. I live in Julian California in a small Victorian style house with two floors. Two bedrooms two bathrooms. I go to Julian Union High school. I'm a Junior. Every day after school I come over here to the Herondale ranch and clean up the horses for 15 dollars an hour. I've worked every day since I turned sixteen. But this summer my dad wants me to help clean and cook for him. So, I won't work this summer. 

      "Hey, Clary...Bad news... I won't be able to give you the summer off..." Joshua says. I drop the hose in shock.

      "What? " I ask.

      "Yeah.. unless you want to be fired," he explains. "And we have to start paying you minimum wage...sorry," He mumbles.

      "What? Why? What's the minimum wage?" I ask

      "It's ten dollars. And, because I demanded to get paid one hundred dollars an hour..so I have to cut off from a few people...sorry, I just really need a new Volvo" He grins and walks away.

       "You can do that?" I ask.

      "I'm the head supervisor... I can do anything."