Episode Seven, Part 6:

T h e   G r e a t   E s c a p e

Sol returned the radio back into her pocket, assuring Wynnlow that Dreea had reached Bas safely, and he was dizzy, but he would be okay. Wynn went on to move again, not wasting any time between the news of Bas, and continuing to find the rest of his family. Sol grabbed onto his arm and pulled him backwards before he got too far away.

"Wait," she told him. "We're close now. We need to think of a strategy before we do anything else."

"We'll figure it out when we get there. I don't even know how big their camp is, or how easy it will be for us to get in."

"Get in? Are you serious? That's been your plan this whole time? You think that they'd let you march straight into their gates and leave with your friends?"

"Of course I didn't." Wynnlow sighed. "I meant that we'd find a way in. Some sort of back entrance or something."

"This isn't Basilisk, Wynn. Not every clan has a hidden entrance that I know about. Besides, they know who I am - they'll shoot me if I get too close."

"I didn't exactly plan on you being here, Sol."

"You didn't plan on anything, apparently."

"I didn't mean it like that-"

Wynnlow was cut off by Sol holding her hand in the air, a sudden hushing escaping her mouth.

"I meant that I thought I'd be able to-"

"Shut up, Wynn!" Sol snapped at him. She was focused on something, but he couldn't tell what - her eyes scanning the nearby area, but her body remaining frozen in her observing.

A few moments passed and Wynnlow couldn't hold it in any longer. "What am I missing here?"

"There's a static sound somewhere. I can hear it."

Wynnlow rolled his eyes, mentally noting that Sol was turning crazy.

"It's probably someone from Basilisk trying to reach you on your radio. I mean, I imagine the ceremony would be starting by now."

Sol shook her head, proving to Wynnlow that her radio was silent.

"Or they could be trying to reach someone on mine..." He suggested, reaching over his shoulder for his backpack.

"But that wouldn't make any sense..." Sol trailed off, waiting for Wynnlow to pass her the device. "If someone was calling your radio, mine would get the signal too. And we know that it's not broken. The only way yours could be picking something up is if..."

"If what?"Wynnlow pushed.

Sol took hold of the device and held it close to her chest, a sigh of relief escaping her. "You took my father's radio. The master radio." She explained. "The other's only pick up calls from the Basilisk radios - think of it like only being able to contact the radios is recognizes. But this one... It's able to tune into any other frequencies nearby, meaning that as well as picking up mine and Dreea's, it can also pick up any messages from-"

"Blood Riders." Wynnlow announced.

Sol smiled across at him. "Wynn, maybe this is our way in. Our vantage point."

"We can hear their strategy. That means we can stay a step ahead of them."

Sol fiddled with the buttons, tuning the radio until a clear voice rang through. "Riders camp is now out of sight. We'll split up after we search Blood Woods if there's still no sign of them. I won't let them get away with my brother."