Episode Two, Part 1:

D e b t s

Within a couple of days, Wynn was able to walk again, but the limp in his step served as a constant reminder of what the world was like outside the gates of Basilisk

There was still no word from any of his family. Ares had asked around, familiarising himself with a few people around the base, but none were able to help him how he wanted. The only person who had told them anything was Riverly, and even she was reluctant in the first place; trying to figure out a way for her to tell them more would be almost impossible.

Distracting him from his installation of thoughts, Ares walked into their tent trailed after by Bas, MaReya, and Quill. He was still a little surprised at the generosity the showed, as though they were trying to treat the people from the Bunker as part of them. But he didn't know if he believed it.

They all gathered around, perching themselves on the fold out beds they had been provided. Everyone had lost someone. MaReya had no word on her brother Fabian, the same for her father Junius. Bas was alone without his siblings and mother, and though Quill didn't have any family, Wynnlow's was very much his own, too. With Azha still unreleased from the medic tent, the five of them needed to figure a way out.

"So. Who's got any ideas?" MaReya asked, not nearly as hopeful as Wynn had always known her to be.

"I've got one." Bas declared. "We need to get outta here." It wasn't certain that he really meant it. Though it was most likely his anger speaking, there was some logic behind it.

"I think that, too." Ares turned to face Wynnlow, surprised at his agreement. They had talked previously about Basilisk being the safest place for them for now, so him suggesting that they try and leave didn't make any sense. "But some of us need to stay here."

Ares shifted his position, not interrupting, clearly intrigued by his brother. "I don't mean we should leave, but we need to know what's out there. Riverly mentioned other clans," Wynn reminded them, "who's to say that they don't have our family?"

"Okay..." Bas tried to piece it all together. "But why do some of us need to stay here? Why don't we all just go and find them?"

"Think about it, if we all go, they'll notice. Two of us go, the other three stay here."

"Why two?" Quill wondered.

"Does anyone want to go out there alone?" Wynn replied. Their silence answered his question.

"It's decent, but how do we get out? Riverly gave strict commands to not let us leave."

Wynn contemplated his brother's worry. It had crossed his mind once or twice, or about a hundred time already. There was only one solution he came up with, and he wasn't even sure if it was sustainable. "We try leaving at night. I've been watching, and there's only a few people on guard then."

"But that's enough. If they guard the gates, we still need a way past them. There's no way to do that without being seen." MaReya raised the issue.

Wynnlow just cocked his head a little, his right eyebrow arching upwards. "Who said anything about leaving through the gates?"

t w o // p a r t o n e