*~2~*

It's been a week since the giraffe has been in my custody, and, to be honest... I hate it.
Ever since I got that damned thing I've had the feeling that someone was watching me. Maybe it was the fact that I live alone in the woods and just found a creepy stuffed toy gave me a handful of unwanted paranoia or it's just that I'm going mad. I looked over at the toy that I washed and now kept in an open cabinet and gave it a death glare... like that'll do anything.

Looking down at my still burning hot coffee I start to play around with the steam that raised above. I felt my eyes become heavier and my head that was supposed to be supported by my hand start to slip off it until 'BANG!' "AH!" I jump a little spilling my coffee. "Shit, shit, shit!" I mumble cleaning it up with the paper towels beside me.

I never got anyone to visit me. I throw the coffee drenched paper towels in the garbage and walk towards the front door. 'BANG, BANG, BANG!' I stumble backwards at the sound, my heart rate increasing. Well, I'm gonna die!
My shaky hand grabs the door knob and I swing open the door revealing...

An attractively muscular guy with tanned skin, electric blue eyes and chocolate brown hair. He looked up at me and flashed me a decent smile.

Oh no.

He walked over to me and crushed me in a hug.

Nope, do not like this... no human contact for me.

"Jamie! Mis hermosas cuñadas! How've you been?" He asked, at this point trying to suffocate me.
I slithered out of the guys embrace. The guy that happened to be the father of my niece and my sister's wonderful husband.
Yeah. We hate each other. Of course we act like we love each other as in laws in front of my sister but behind her back we both plan on the perfect way to murder each other.

"Oh, Santi! Why did you decide to come? Where's my sister?" I ask, malice dripping from my words.
"She's getting Lilly from the car... babies and long car rides don't mix well. Of course you wouldn't know because, let's see, you're still single, aren't you?" He leaned against the wall glaring at me.

"Heh, yep! That's correct! So, what are you guys doing here?" I repeated my first question, rolling my eyes.
"You said last week that we could come over!" He scoffed.
Oh no... I did invite them.
Before I went on my little adventure in the woods I got off the phone with my sister saying that she could come over today.
"Hey, sis!" A girl with pail skin, an attractively thin figure, hazel eyes and short platinum blonde hair beamed at me walking through the doorway with her daughter, Lilly, in her arms. I put on my best fake smile and turned towards her. "Mary! Hi!" I chirped up.
God I love her but she's just too full of herself sometimes, also, I'm not the best with children and I hate her husband.

After a whole two hours of Mary just talking about how her and her "sweet" husband went to Italy, got to meet some famous people and finally got to move into their luxurious mansion; Santiago (or Santi) got up abruptly from the kitchen table, looking at his phone. "We have to go now, babe. I have a business meeting!" He replies.

Mary got up immediately, flipping her hair happily. "Well it was nice seeing you, sis!" She grabbed Lilly who was occupied on staring at the demon giraffe. "What are you looking at, honey?" Mary cooed at the baby. Now's my chance!
I swiftly went towards the giraffe and picked it up. "I think she's looking at her new present~!" I fake smiled. Mary's eyes lit up immediately as she grabbed the giraffe. "Wait, you got Lilly a present? How swee-" "I know, I know, I'm sweet. You're welcome bye."

I lightly pushed her towards the door. "Wait!" She elegantly turned to face me. "Is this giraffe plushy organic and where did you get it?" She stared daggers. "Uh... yeah it's organic and... um... I got it at the uh, store?" I
played around
with the hem of my shirt. I hate lying but she would never take it if she found out I found it randomly in the woods. She gave me a perplexed stare. "But there aren't any stores around here..." She questioned. Oh shit.
"I went to the nearest one at the entrance of town."
I explained a little
too fast.

"Oh,ok!" She smiled. We both fake laughed it off, abruptly stopping after a few seconds. We both looked around awkwardly while the silence compressed me.
This is why I don't like people! I have reasons to be anti social!

"Well thanks, sis, bye" she replied hesitantly.

I closed the door and sighed in relief. Who asks someone if their stuffed animal is organic?!
I walked over to the family room and plopped down on the couch. Now that I got that damned giraffe out of my house... I can relax.

That night I stayed up... smoking another cigar while scrolling through my phone.
I looked down at my watch, 1:57 am, how long did I stay up?

The back door creaked open and I whipped around.
Shit, did someone just break in my house?!
I slowly got off the kitchen chair, put my phone in the pocket of my jeans and grabbed the nearest kitchen knife.

Their footsteps shuffled closer to where I was.

My breathing becoming deep and shallow.

A cold sweat drafted over me as I held the knife tighter until my knuckles become white.

Oh my god!

Oh my god!

Oh my god!

What the fuck is going on?!
I'm alone, have no one and their might be, no scratch that, there is a possible murderer in my house.

The person became visible and I screamed. The cigar in my mouth falling to the ground along with the knife that I let go of out of pure shock.

"Their you are, you little bitch!"