*~17~*

We're in the bush.

Yep. I said it.

We're still, in. The. Bush.

We couldn't move because, one, if we do so much as peak our heads out we both know our dumb asses are bound to get shredded into pieces.
Two, Santi is getting... let's just say light headed from the amount of blood loss and is in no condition to even get on his feat.

I already ripped off a piece of his shirt and tied it around his wound, unfortunately... it didn't help that much.

Time was running out and we only had two options, stay here and wait it out 'till we could at least see clearly... or make a run for it.
The bad thing is that in both of those options somebody's gonna die.

Not gonna lie, the stress was really getting to me. It pushed down and compressed my lungs; squeezing my heart while at it.

The next thing I know, I'm in Santi's weak, shaking arms as I have a silent panic attack.

He tried his best to comfort me while staying half awake at the same time.
His words of comfort just came out as slurred gibberish and as I laid my head against his chest, I could barely hear his own heart slowing down with every minute that passes by.

It killed me to know in the matter of hours, no matter what, he just might not make it.

He wanted to do a lot.
He wanted to be there for Lilly, his one and only daughter, for when she starts school. He wanted to be there for her when she got her first boyfriend.
He wanted to help and take care of my sister.
He still has a lot to achieve in life and he might just feel the cold clutches of death dragging him away before he could actually fulfill them.

As much as I acted like I hated Santi, I deeply respected him.
He was really the best guy my sister would ever meet.

Santi shakily took both of his hands and cupped
my face in them, forcing me to look up at him. As much as I was
disgusted with
the fact that his hands were literally caked in blood... I couldn't find the
strength to pull my face away.
All I did was accept his warm touch, craving for some type of affection as silent tears aggressively ran down my cheeks.

"It's going to be ok." He whispered.
With that sentence... I just bursted into more tears.
The reason why is because that sentence... it... it was a lie.
A comforting little lie... and I know it.
Looking into his glossy, brown eyes I could even tell that he was trying so hard to convince himself, too.

I gently wrapped my arms around his waist and resumed back to resting my head on his chest.
His chin perched upon the top of my head.
Letting the eerie silence consume us both.

"Hey, so... I know that this is, like, really off topic, but... what the fuck happened to your hair?" Santi tried his hardest to project his voice, failing awfully as it just came out raspy.

I stifled a laugh and sat on my knees, peeling myself off of him and staring into his eyes.

"We're both about to die... and you want to talk about my hair?" I snickered, whipping away my tears with the palms of my hands.

"I mean, yeah! Just because we're dying doesn't mean I'm gonna stop teasing you.
Isn't your hair a little too short for a girl?" He wheezed.