*~28~*

Natalie's POV:

           She looked half dead... she probably was, too. A day after the
Sle-... incident and we're both pretty riled up.

What the hell am I even supposed to fucking do?!

Time seemed to stretch excruciatingly like a piece of gum a kid would take out of their mouth when they're bored.
I bring my knees up to my chest,
messing up Jamie's blanket from beneath me.

I hope she's okay...

I know I might act like Edward Cullen right now by watching her sleep but I have to make sure she was somewhat alive and not getting attacked or having a seizure.
Another reason is maybe because she's really pretty and she will beat the shit out of me if I stare at her while she's awake.
I'm not a creep I swear...
okay maybe I am.

I reach out and ruffle Jamie's hair.
If she was okay she would've woken up by now and hit me, then probably give me a full-on lecture about how I can't mess up her hair...

if she was okay.

Jesus, this is all my fault...

I feel beads of tears start to threaten to run down my face.
I look away from Jamie and sit there silently.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.
If you cry you'll get punished.
Stop acting up you ungrateful brat...
stop it... just—
stop being so fucking
SENSITIVE NATALIE!

I stand up a little too fast, quickly exiting the room as I wipe the tears that didn't even manage to roll down my cheeks.

I can't do this right now...

Leaning against a wall, my gaze wanders on the floor of the living room.
Shattered glass sprinkled out everywhere while splattered blood covered the walls, floor... mainly everything was somewhat touched by it.

Fuck it was crazy.
The screaming, the pain, the absolute feeling of my brain turning to mush in an almost too-painful-to-bare manner.
The craziest part of it all was the faceless monster looking below us and doing completely nothing yet everything at the same time.

I spot the 'present' I gave to Jamie beside me.
Even when that... that thing
attacked us I would've still been the happiest mother fucker alive if Jamie actually realized the purpose of the gift.

How that gift was supposed to be meant to propose to her.

My heart still fluttered anxiously at the thought.
Maybe I should've done it kneeling down? Straight up just tell her?
Either way that wouldn't take away from the fact that Jamie was technically tortured and traumatized yesterday though.
But at least it would make things a little better... I think.
I don't even know if she loves me yet I want to ask something that's probably entirely too much for what's happening at this given moment.

Soft footsteps seem to echo from the dust covered hallways, bouncing off the walls and making them sound ten times bigger.
My body slowly turns around to face Jamie.

Jesus Christ...

Her hair was a complete mess, going in each and every direction possible and not like how it usually is flipped to one side.
Her eyes held a blissful look,
the illusion of a whole galaxy in them just made it all the more sad.
Her skin look drained of all colour just leaving Jamie to look awfully helpless in a zombie like way.