*~22~*

Jack launched at me, pinning me to the ground as his fists dug into my face.

The sudden sting somewhat fazed me as a metallic taste started to fill my mouth.

I grabbed his arms and tried my best to push him away.

Of course I failed though.

I mean, I have chicken arms and I was always too nervous to go to the gym.

Strong people scare me...

Jack latched onto my neck and squeezed, digging his claws into my skin.

I tried my best to breath but I couldn't, every airway seemed to be blocked and my head started to feel like my brain was replaced with helium.

Everything seemed to get blurry and every little sound seemed to be muffled; like being underwater.

Until I remember that my knee was directly under... his crouch.

Before Jack could squeeze even harder, I lifted my knee and shoved it right in the... well let's just say that if he was still allowed to have children... he definitely isn't anymore.

Jack let go of my neck, allowing me to go into a fit of coughing as I tightly gripped the bat still in my hands.

I could hear the faint screaming of Natalie as I turned my head slightly to the left and witnessed her getting punched multiple times by... Toby.

No, no, no.

"Toby, stop!"
I unknowingly screamed.

He froze and turned his head around to stare at me while getting off of Natalie.

"Look, Toby. I... I know you feel like... like you have to do this but y-you really don't!
If... if you stop this I promise Jack won't do anything to the girl you're in love with-"

He burst out into a fit of laughter, his neck uncontrollably cracking in a violent manner.

He abruptly stopped and, I assume, stared me dead in the eye.

"I can't take that chance.
I- I will n-n-never risk h-er l-l-l-life... unless if I'm the one t-t-taking it."

I stared at the boy in disbelief before being dragged back by the hood and slammed up against a rock.

Everything ached and I swore I could hear something crack inside of me.

I could see the blurry outline of Jack raising his fist.

Is this what Santi saw when he was dying?

Was this how he felt?

I slowly wrap my fingers around the bat in my hand...

And swing it into his masked face.

He stumbles backwards and onto the floor.
His blue mask just out of his reach.

I walk over and stare at his bruised face, my stomach sinking as I did.

His eyes... were missing.
The inhuman tongue he possessed slithered around exactly like a snakes while the teeth seemed more like a shark's.
His whole face was disfigured, really.
It was horrifying to look at.

Inhuman screeches erupted from Jack when he couldn't feel around for his mask.

Is this dude self conscious or something?