*~12~*

While other people were probably at home, peacefully sleeping in their comfortable beds; I was in the corner of my room, huddled up in a little ball, clenching a dagger like it was the last slice of pizza.

Ever since I ran into this room, everything was drowned in the overwhelming presence of silence.
The only sounds that could be heard was, hopefully, Clockwork walking around guarding the cabin and the constant high and low pitched ticks of various clocks.
I don't really know where the ticks came from, but I really couldn't care at this exact moment.

I looked across from me and see my bed, something round and big underneath it.
It looked... like a bat?

I looked around cautiously before reaching over and crawling under the bed.

I grabbed the bat and wiggled my way out from underneath the bed. I carefully sat there, examining the object.

It probably would help to have two weapons.

I glide my finger tips over the smooth glossy handle.
Rusty blood covered nails were engraved in the wood.
I smiled, my eyes glistening at the object as I envision all the damage I could do with it. I look at the dagger that I subconsciously left beside me.

Picking it up and shoving it in the pocket of my oversized hoodie.
My eyes linger on the bat.
It reflected off the moonlight from the window, making it almost appear like it was glowing. The somewhat clean parts of the nails shimmered... it... it was kinda pre-

A loud bang erupted from outside my bedroom door.
I scrambled to my feet but before I could hide, the door slowly opened.
I raised the bat over my head and smashed it onto the dark figure entering the room.
"Ow! What the fu-"
I repeatedly hit the figure until it grabbed the bat with its hand.
"Jamie! It's just me!" Clockwork bellowed.

"Oh... shit, sorry!" I tried holding back a laugh.
"What are you even hitting me with?
It feels like nails." She remarked. "They are nails! Well, they are nails in a bat." I laughed.

Clockwork stopped, staying silent. It was hard to tell what was
happening since it was so dark
and I couldn't see shit.

"Hey, you dead?" I scoffed. "What? No, I just... you know what? It's nothing... turn on the flash light? It's in my sweater pocket." Clockwork blurts out suddenly.
I sigh, letting her change the subject like she almost always does.

I feel around for her pocket and finally managed to grab the flashlight, switching on the button.
I turned it towards Clockwork; her eyes were bloodshot and she was covered in dirt.
She held a big box in her hands filled with sharp objects, food, water and other supplies that would be regularly used for camping.

"What are those for?" I asked, gesturing towards the box.
"Well, I couldn't find any of my friends but, as you can see, they certainly did find us.
If they ever try to attack we can sneak out, I have a different cabin a few miles away from here. No one will know." She deadpanned; dropping the box on my bed, making dust fly around the room.

"Heh. There's one more thing though." Clockwork rubs the back of her neck awkwardly as she looks down at the wood floor.
"Okay..." I swing the bat in my hand around playfully.

"To make sure that we both stay safe, I'll have to sleep with you." She laughs nervously.
I stare up at her, a perplexed look plastered on my face.

"Do you mean... we have to sleep together-" "No! No, no, no. I'll sleep on the floor, I guess." She cautiously sat on the edge of my bed.
"Y'know, you could sleep on the bed. I mean, it is your home." I resume swinging the bat around, an expressionless look settling on my face.