*~4~*

The last twenty four hours has become a blur of torture. Time
crept upon agonizingly slow. At this point... it didn't bother me that I was laying in an old, stiff dust covered bed, I didn't even sleep at all.
Would this be my new life?
Living with a killer with intentions to only hurt me and all the rest blurred out? It wasn't like anyone was going to come and find me.
I locked everyone out of my life
with my stupid life choices. Now I have no one... well, that's not true. I have the delusional killer named Clockwork to keep me company! Like I would ever become friends with her.

The door opened revealing the one and only Clockwork, in all her bullshit glory. Her face was expressionless, showing no sign of sympathy... or really anything at all.

"Wake up, bitch. Breakfast is ready." She leaned against the wall
Huh, not going to be a surprise if the breakfast is poisoned.
"We don't have all day, love. Let's go!" She said more aggressively this time.
I hopped out of the 'bed' and followed her towards the... kitchen? Honestly it was just a room with a single table and two chairs... great. I sat down in
the chair nearest to me and
kept my head held low.

Clockwork
placed something in front of me and sat down in the chair opposite of me. I looked up to see a glossy red apple.
"It's the best I could do right now
so advise that you eat. It."
She stared.
I don't respond,
scratch that, I can't respond.
From crying, begging and screaming I officially killed off my voice.
I glance at her, she stared at me in a way that said aren't you going to say something?
Great... now I have to give her a response.
"Thank you." I pushed out of my throat, passing the growing lump in it with difficult, it sounded more hoarse than I intended, being barely a whisper.
Immediately after,
I put my hand up to my neck, trying to sooth
the stinging sensation that only grew in my throat.
She chuckled. "Wow, I'm a killer and you're still using your manners that your mommy and daddy taught you." She cooed.

I silently grabbed the apple and took a bite of it,
it's bitter sweet taste refreshing my dehydrated mouth.
I force the piece of apple down
my inflamed throat,
causing it to sting
even more.
I slowly put the apple down and look up at Clockwork. She was still staring at me and she didn't even bother to
look the other way.
"Y'know," She started. "I decided that even though torturing you is fun... it won't help the fact that I lost something so... I guess..." she hesitated.
I sat a little straighter a spark of
hope igniting in my heart.
"... since you'll probably tell someone about this, I can't let you go; so you're just going to live with me for the rest of your useless life." She leaned back on the chair.
I slouched back down in my chair.
"Oh, ok." I answered.
She looked at me with a look
almost saying are you serious?
"Did you really think I was going to
let you go?" She snickered.

Her face turned back to expressionless. "I have rules...
you have follow them if you don't want to get killed.
One, don't act like I'm your friend.
Two, don't ask to go outside.
Three, don't ask about my past life
Four, this is the most important one, I will be labelling rooms with a red dot on the door; that red dot means that you cannot go inside.
Got it?
If you don't follow these rules, then,
well... you know what'll happen."
She picked the dirt from under
her nails, smirking deviously.
I sighed, "Okay... I-I can do that..."

She looked at me with the same smirk plastered onto her pale face.
"By the way, you look cuter with your hair cut like that... you should
thank me." She reached over
to me and attempted to touch a strand
of my hair, which ended up in me
leaning away from her. She chuckled and got up from her seat, leaving me alone.

I looked down at where my watch should be... but only see my bare wrist. "Hey!" I call for her.
"WHAT?!" Her voice echoes throughout the cottage.
"D-did you take my watch?" I asked defensively.
"Yeah. Clocks ARE NOT allowed." She said matter of fact.
"But you ca-... wait, if clocks aren't allowed then why do you have one stuffed in your eye?" I laughed, letting the words slip through my mouth without caring about what they might bring.

Suddenly I felt someone's hands grabbing my hair pulling my head back. Something cold and sharp was pressed against my throat. "Careful with that tongue of yours, dip shit!" She muttered into my ear.

"I-I'm sorry! It was j-just a joke!" I chocked out, regretting those words that were supposed to be just witty and not anywhere near harmful.
She lifted the blade from my neck and let go of my hair.
"Maybe I should add another rule... maybe one that says no stupid, moody teenager attitude allowed." She laughed, almost sounding like she was trying to attempt to make a joke.
I felt my face heat up.
"I-I'm not a teenager!" I narrowed my eyes.
"Heh, only moody teenagers who are too dumb for their own good would drop out of college!" She laughed again, but this time sounding cruel.
"It looks to me that you didn't even go to college..." I muttered, folding my arms over my chest defensively. "Oh honey," she leaned over to my level, taking the tip of her knife and placing it on the bottom of my chin; the tip digging into my skin, threatening to tear it.
She used the knife to lift my chin up so my brownish hazel eyes met with her emerald green eye and her... clock, glimmering from the light of the sun rising through the window.

"I didn't mean to offend you.~" She singsonged, taunting my actions.

I lifted my chin off the tip of the knife cautiously. Facing away from her.

I felt the beads of tears building up on my waterlines, making my vision somewhat blurry. The tears threatened to spill from my eyes, resulting in me to force myself to try and not let them pass.

I can't cry in front of a killer... it'll show her that I'm weak and then she'll have another reason to make fun of me.

"Aw... the little spoiled brat is about to cry.~" she cooed, now grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at her.

"C'mon, don't cry, you don't look pretty when you do." She mumbled examining my expression. Suddenly, she lifted her face to my forehead leaning in a little. I shut my eyes and recoil myself slowly. I felt something rough and extremely chapped, yet somewhat soft and warm press against my forehead.

My heart pounding in my chest when I realize those were her lips.

She pulled back and I opened my eyes slowly, looking to see her giving me a playful smirk. She grazed her cold, dirt and blood covered hands across my cheek. Tilting her head, she look almost in a daze.

"God! Your face is as red as a tomato! You're almost too hilarious to kill..." with that, she retracted her arm and stood up straight, finally leaving the room.

After a few minutes I leaned forward looking in the direction of where she left. As soon as I knew she was gone I stood up straight, raising my hand to my cheek to touch the spot she touched.

Did she actually kiss me?!
I mean, it wasn't really a kiss... it was just on my forehead... but... still!

...WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK WAS THAT?!