*~5~*

The minutes turned into hours and the hours turned into days yet I still had no idea how I was going to escape.

My family doesn't even know that I have been kidnapped and to be honest, no one does.
I won't be surprised if my family did find out and decided to do nothing about it.
I mean, I don't blame them.
Mary would try her best to save me but I'm sure her oh so loving husband would convince her that I'm just a waste of time.
My parents I know for sure would just love for me to disappear... I was the reason their marriage crumbled into pieces.

I sat up in my 'bed' with sketchbook in my lap and a semi broken pencil in my hand.
I added another tally mark to the page I was currently using, I have been in this... this dump for at least about two weeks.
Since I couldn't use a clock to let me know what time of day it was or how many days were passing by and Clockwork would certainly get pissed off if I used her clock eye... I resorted to using tally marks to mark the days.

Ever since Clockwork kissed me, I've never ever dared to leave my room or even speak to her.
She got the hint and somewhat out of pity left me alone. Of course it was a whole lot better than getting into an argument.
The only times she's ever talked to me were to make sure I was ok since lately I have been feeling dizzy and sick... not to mention that I've been feeling pretty nauseous.
I looked up at the dull blue walled room, finally noticing the little desk and chair wedged in the corner of this 'room'.
This bedroom oddly reminds me of my old bedroom from when I was younger and even more annoying then I was now.

Since as long as I could remember I would always be the 'fuck society's stereotypes' kinda girl. When I was four, and just started school, the other girls would put clips in their hair and play with their dolls whereas I
would play with dinosaur
toys and protest
about how Disney
princesses were stupid.

That's how I realized that nobody really wanted me in their lives...

The girls thought I was too weird, getting scared to even look
me in the eyes
and the boys decided that they
didn't want a girl playing with
them.

Long story short I was stuck alone drawing with a stick in the mud all throughout elementary and middle school.

Even at home I never felt comfortable. My parents would always have their
attention and praises on Mary and how far she was getting in life... being gifted and all that.
While they scolded me for always getting F's on my tests or if I'm lucky a C plus.
I wouldn't be getting those kinda marks though if they just realized I wasn't happy.

Clockwork suddenly barged into my room, snapping me out of my thoughts and making me flinch.
"Hey bi-" "can you just call me by my first name?" I roll my eyes.
She stops in her tracks and sighed.
"Fine, Jamie," She answered,
somewhat looking like
she was testing out my
name as if it was a newly
invented word.

"Heh, that's funny." She chuckled, looking up at me and
scratching her chin.
"What?" I start to fiddle
with my pencil
"You look a lot more paler than
usual... and that's saying something since you already look like a vampire." She snickers, making her way into the room and plopping down on the side of my bed.
Feeling a bit self conscious, I cautiously shoved my pencil into my sketchbook and closed it, putting it behind my back while hiding it under the covers.

She knit her eyebrows together and looked down, using one of her always glove covered hands and shoving it in her right pocket.
She slowly pulled the object out revealing it to be a thermometer.

Clockwork shoved it into my hands and looked away.
"Put the tip under your tongue..."
She muttered.
"I know how to use a thermometer... I'm not completely helpless." I whispered the last part.

I sighed and placed the thermometer in my mouth, looking down at my hands as I waited.

After what felt like hours the thermometer finally started to beep in a constant pattern, I took it out of my mouth, staying silent and listening to the beeping that echoed throughout the cottage.

Before I could get a look at the numbers Clockwork snatched it out of my hands, tucking a dullish brown, almost hay looking piece of hair behind her ear,
looking down at my temperature.
Her eyes immediately widened while she let out a slight scoff.

"What?" I gulped, shuffling closer to where she was sitting to finally get a look at my temperature.
"Heh, you definitely have a fever, that's for sure." She places the thermometer back in her pocket before I could actually look at it, causing me to roll my eyes.
"I'll have to steal some medicine from a near by place now." She murmured getting up and making her way to the door.

"Um... Clockwork?" I call for her, digging my nails into the faded yellowish blue,
dirt and dust covered sheet of my bed.

"Hmmm?" She hummed leaning on the doorway of 'my' room.
"Why don't you just let me die?" I inquire.
A thick, awkward silence filled the room.
I looked at Clockwork, who seemed as if she was trying to find the answer to the question too.
"Well... as much as you are a pain in the ass, shi-... Jamie... it... kinda gets a little boring by myself, ya' know, not having someone to scare and all... and..."
she took a pause snickering to
herself.

Clockwork looked up to meet my eyes,
a playful smirk crept upon her cracked lips.

"Well..."