*~8~*

The walk back to her cabin was eerily quiet. I would make quick glances towards Clockwork, only to see her emerald eye looking into the distance in front of her. "Um, how's your no-" "My nose is fine."
She cut me off coldly,
wiping the flowing blood from her slightly broken nose.
I looked down, rubbing my arm awkwardly.
"Who was that? The person who attacked me." I asked.

"His name is eyeless Jack a-" "Wait, you mean like the creepy pasta?" I cut her off, sounding shocked.
I could hear a faint sigh coming from her and looked over to see her scolding glare. "Sorry." I chirped quickly.
She held her gaze on me for a few seconds longer before turning her glare back to the direction
in front of her.

"Aren't creepy pastas supposed to be fake?" I inquired.
"No, we're pretty real, but... we are pretty different from how humans, and people who like us, picture us." She began.

"First off, we don't live in Slender mansion. Another thing is that all 'creepy pastas' hate each other. We all do our killings and never try to socialize with each other,
sometimes we form allies...
but even then we don't talk to each other unless it's a life-or-death situation." She ended off emotionless.

"Oh." Was all I could say. I could hear her stifle a laugh, "Yeah, pretty different from how people interpreted us." I glance over to see her trying to hide a small smile.

"So... you're a creepy pasta?" I asked.
"Um, yeah." She answered hesitantly.
"Oh, cool." I responded calmly. Clockwork looked over and gave me a funny look... probably because she's wondering why I'm so calm.
Of course, that's how it looks.

Deep inside my cold soul I'm honestly freaking out. If I had the chance, I would fall onto my knees, scream and curse the winds and take some sticks and shake them angrily towards whatever's above the dark sky.
Yep, you guessed it ladies and gentlemen, I'm. Not. Fine.

I mean, who would be. I'm not an expert on them and I never have been. When I was in middle school, other kids would obsess over them
and imagine having sex with the one and only joker reject, Jeff the killer.
Now looking back on it, I kinda wish I was one of those kids ( not the ones who wanted to have sex with them) so I at least knew what the fuck was going on here.

A sudden thought rushes past my mind as I thought about Clockwork being a creepy pasta. Jack screamed Natalie when Clockwork was trying to attack him, he wasn't directing it towards me but to Clockwork... does that mean Natalie is Clockwork's name?

Well, no shit Sherlock, thanks for solving the mystery; you slow dumbass.

"We're here..." Clockwork mumbled yanking me out of my thoughts. I looked at the eerie looking cabin. It was covered in weeds and vines, also looking quite rustic,
almost adding to the 'abandoned cabin in the woods' theme. Before Clockwork could open the door I called her name.

She turned around slowly, looking at me perplexed.
"Yes?" She responded coldly.
"I... uh... I-I know that you don't like to talk about your past but... Jack called you Natalie... is th-that your name?" I asked cautiously.
She stared at me for a few seconds before answering with- "sit down." I sat down slowly on the porch watching her plop down beside me.

She inhaled deeply before looking me in the eyes. "Yes... my name is Natalie. I... changed my name." She started hesitantly.
"Why?" I blurted out before realizing what I just said. My eyes widened and I quickly responded with- "Oh! I'm sorry... I-if you do-" "No it's fine, I guess I... I can tell you what happened to me." She cut me off and started laughing.

I shifted my weight in the spot I was sitting in as she told me her whole backstory. The parts about her brother, her parents, the mental hospital. Through the whole story she acted so emotionless, it seemed that she really didn't care about what happened to her.

By the time she was done she brushed it off like nothing, unlike me.
I somehow had a
fraction of sympathy for her growing inside my cold closed off heart.
Clockwork looked around awkwardly before calling out my name. "Yeah?" I responded quietly.

"Since I told you about what happened to me... you know what, fuck it, what I'm trying to say is... tell me why you seem to hate your family so much." She smirked. "Hey! I don't hate my family... as far as I'm concerned it's the other way around." I Brought my knees up to my chest defensively.

"Then tell me, Jamie. Why is that? Why does your family hate you?" She shifted  towards me. "Um..." "Come on. I saved your worthless ass and told you about my life!" She laughed.

"Fine!" I sighed.
"Basically... I don't know what to say... my parents are successful, and... they always expected my sister and I to be perfect." I began, combing my fingers through my hair. I could feel Clockwork's eye burning into the side of my face, making my heart race uncomfortably.

"My sister was doing an excellent job fitting my parents expectations... being gifted, the smartest in her grade,
the one who gets all the boys and she somehow was also the most athletic. Me, on the other hand,
wasn't anything close to being as perfect as her. I wasn't as witty, as smart, as athletic... not to mention not being social at all."

I took a break, inhaling deeply and exhaling in a shaky breath.

"I... I was never good enough for anybody... I always felt like a liability. It only got worse in
college though,
the whole time there I focused on
how my sister had the perfect
life and had nothing
to worry about.
It just put me in a state of depression... and... and I turned to-" I cut myself off,
almost too ashamed to finish my story.

Clockwork inched herself towards
me slowly, her emerald eye widening in suspense. "You turned to what? Was it drugs-" "Yes! It was drugs! I... I turned to alcohol... drugs... cigarettes; anything that would make me forget about my life for at least an hour!" I practically yelled defensively.

"Oh shit..." I heard her whispering under her breath.
"I-It's fine... I mean, my life wasn't half as bad as your's so... I really shouldn't be complaining or anything... and it's not like I didn't get over it because I did." I laughed it off nervously, inching myself away from her.
"Jamie I, uh... don't know what to say..." she stated awkwardly.

Something switched inside me... maybe it was because I realized my kidnapper now knew about my addictions or the fact that I hate opening up to people making me say- "Then don't say anything!" I snapped, getting up and walking into the cabin; making my way towards my room.

I pushed the door open and aggressively flopped onto my bed.
I tried to review and
piece together everything that just happened.

Let's see:
One, I found my phone, realizing that my family didn't just forget about me and are actually trying to save me.
Two, I would've almost escaped if I wasn't attacked by the Jack thing.
Three, I had a heart-to-heart conversation with my kidnapper who was angry at me literally an hour ago.

Yep, sounds about right.

The thing is, I don't understand why this keeps happening.
This woman can switch her moods fast and I don't really get why I keep on switching with her.
Am I really that messed up?
To have a personal conversation with a killer?

I grabbed my crusty pillow and screamed into it due to frustration.
I felt tears swell up in my eyes but tried my hardest to push them back.

Damn, this was gonna be a long night.