⛓Return To Nassau⛓

*WARNING: Mature content ahead, proceed at own risk*
[Contains: Size Difference, Hair Pulling, Marking, Biting, Scratching, Vaginal Sex, Cock Riding]

  "Are you still pouting?" I quirked up a brow.

  "I'm not 'pouting'." Vane snapped at me as he was looking out a window in the ship.

  "Sure looks like it. Look at you....crossed arms, grumpy face, won't even look at me. You're also doing that thing you do when you pout."

  "I'm not doing a thing, and I am not pouting." Vane's voice was nearly a growl.

  "I know you're upset, but the war is still on. You still have a chance to fight, Charles." He gave me a look before turning back to the window while leaning on a table. Rolling my eyes, I got up from my seat and walked over to him. "Fine, what if our positions were switched? What if it were me with the shot leg instead of you? Would you let me fight knowing only one of my legs was working right?" He sighed through his nose, and I knew the answer to that question as I leaned onto his back and wrapped my arms around his torso.

  "Damn woman."

  "Damn me all you want, you're stuck with me, Captain." I smirked and felt his hand rest on my arm.

  "I will not thank you if that's what you're aiming for."

  "I'm shocked you would think I have ulterior motives with you."

  "Deana, you almost always have ulterior motives."

  "Okay, but they're not all bad." Vane absentmindedly rubbed his thumb over my forearm while his eyes were glued to the ocean outside, not arguing with my statement nor agreeing with it.

  "....I never really thought about it, you know?" His voice was strangely soft. "But ever since Flint brought it up, it has been plaguing my mind. Even more so now that we are surrounded by nothing but water and it's so quiet." My brows furrowed, not getting what Vane was talking about with such a serious tone.

  "Brought what up?"

  "You." He twisted and sat on the edge of the table to look me in the eye. "You with my child. I never thought I'd be a father nor did I ever plan for it, and I only ever thought about it once briefly with Eleanor, but that was all. Even if we don't plan, even if we don't think about it, there could come a day when you are pregnant, and as time goes on, it's ever more likely. Deana, I am not suited for the life of comfort and parenthood, but the thought of a family with you is just...." He trailed off and took my hands in his, his thumbs trailing over my knuckles. "If we win, if we reestablish Nassau as ours rather than England's, I....I would not be opposed to starting a family with you."

  "That's one Hell of a way to say you'd like to knock me up, Charles." I scoffed and glanced down at his hands gently holding mine. "However, I must disagree with you. You are very suited to being a father. You're kind and caring, harsh when you must be, and you're not afraid to fight for what you think is right. Neither of us may be ready for a child now, but who knows what the future holds for us." Shrugging, I looked back up at him with a soft smile. "I mean, I didn't think I'd ever love a pirate, but here I am- with Captain Charles Vane, no less. I say, when things are good, we come back to this conversation here."

  "When things are good." He repeated and cupped my cheek before kissing me. It was a sweet kiss with an underlying hunger, and I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck. This little moment right here nearly made me forget we were at war, that the quiet with the rolling waves and the creaking ship was only temporary until we reached Nassau.