⛓Far and Wide Pt. 2⛓

*WARNING: Mature content ahead, proceed at own risk*
[Contains: Size Difference, Vaginal Sex, Hair Pulling]

  Rowing up to Low's ship in the dead of night, we were met with a less-than-warm greeting from the half-blind man and his crew. Going to the captain's quarters to talk, the two men just sat across from each other in silence for a good while. Crossing my arms as I leaned on the wall, I was mentally shouting for them to get on with it.

  "You know, I don't believe I see any reason as to why she's here if you wanted to talk to me." Low finally spoke while looking at me.

  "May I?" Vane pointed to the bottle of rum on the table. Low glanced back to the other man before pushing a cup forward. Vane grabbed the bottle and pulled the cork free. "Deana seems to rather dislike you. As you have seen, she doesn't trust you and would much like an excuse to gut you should you make a move against me while I'm here." He drank from the bottle, ignoring the cup, and put the rum back onto the table.

  "Oh, I doubt that. That lovely lass just likes a challenge." Low smirked. "And you, as her captain, should know better. Miss Deana Blake wouldn't gut me- she's no killer, unlike you and me. If anything, if she somehow manages to beat me in a fight, she'd use those little knives of hers to put me within an inch of my life, but I'd live to see another day."

  "I admire you for coming to see me earlier." Vane said as he leaned back in his seat while putting a hand on the edge of the table. His brows were furrowed, and he kept his eyes on Low. "Showed you were a man who knows his place. That quality alone puts you ahead of practically every other captain on this island. So I'd like to make you an offer."

  "An offer?" The other man tilted his head to the side a bit.

  "Partnership between your crew and mine."

  "I'm not interested. However, she is fully welcome to join my crew." Low smirked.

  "But you haven't heard the deal yet." Vane stated. "I took the fort to control the bay, but I have no desire to waste away in it. My place is at sea." He sighed. "But, as I'm certain you've heard, I was recently deprived of my ship. Which means I need a new one. Were she to come with a strong crew, all the better."

  "Let me stop you there." Low raised a hand. "Before I came to see you this morning, I will admit I was concerned. It's painfully clear you've got feelings for the Guthrie woman. If you could bring all your men to bear to protect her, to retaliate against anyone who would move against her, that might be reason enough to let this whole matter go." He raised his brows, and Vane clenched his jaw. "But do you know what I think now? I think your men couldn't care less about Eleanor Guthrie. I think they find your feelings for her to be pathetic. I think you're powerless to do anything about this. And for these reasons, I think my feelings about Eleanor scare you to death. And I must say, coming out here alone like this with only a woman as protection.... It only serves to confirm my suspicions. Do your men even know you're here?" Low asked while setting his knife onto the table in front of himself.

  "....I admit, I did feel for Eleanor. It clouded my judgment on many occasions, but I'm getting a bit tired of everyone assuming those feelings remain."

  "They don't? Your actions show otherwise, or you wouldn't be here now."

  "That woman that you seem to so easily overlook, you see, is part of the reason I'm here, and she could kill you if she honestly tried to. Hell, she nearly killed me twice when we first met." Vane pointed at me with his thumb. "I also recommend that you back the fuck off and leave things alone that don't belong to you."