Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.

"They always come at 3:00 in the morning," Elle repeated for like the fourth time. But it was futile, neither of the men with her were listening. She sat down with arms crossed over her torso, she suddenly felt really cold. 

Luke noticed her slight shaking quickly and shrugged off his leather jacket and gently put it on her, without saying a word. Then he was back to sharing a hushed conversation with Michael. 

"So what exactly were you able to find out?" Luke questioned worriedly. He didn't know if it even was worth discussing. Obviously Michael wasn't very optimistic about their chances or he wouldn't be so shook up. There wasn't much that scared his tough friend, so he knew the situation was bad. 

"Not much that's helpful. Sluaghs are ghosts, obviously, so they possess no corporeal form. We can't harm them. Except when they are stealing a soul, that's the only occasion when they have physical tangible bodies".

"Are you telling me that to defeat them we have to let them steal a soul? Elle's soul?" Luke's voice rose with each word said.

Michael knew he wouldn't like it one bit, but it was their only fighting chance. Otherwise they will all probably die trying to save this girl Luke seemed to be infatuated with.

Michael didn't get it. All that love bullshit was never for him and seeing his friend willing to give up his life for another person... he had to admit it was was noble yes, but also, unbelievably stupid. Michael would maybe, possibly fight for his friend. But for a girl he doesn't even know? He didn't think he could give up his life to save hers. He wasn't that selfless. He never was. He never will be. But looking at the desperation in his friend's blue eyes, he couldn't find the guts to tell him so.

Instead, he lied.

"We can find another way."

Michael had no time to make sure Luke believed him, because he was looking out through the glass door and saw them coming. 

"Sluaghs," was all Michael said. 

Luke quickly gazed in the direction his friend was looking at and saw them, slithering in the shadows of the abandoned building right across the street. The hooded figures were slowly making their way to the tattoo parlor, making sure not to come out directly into any lighting were humans could easily see them. 

"Shit." Luke quickly walked towards Elle and grabbed both of her hands with his.

"I love you. Whatever happens now, just know that I willingly put my life on the line to keep you safe. It's the way I have decided it."

Elley's eyes glistened with unshed tears, but she nodded her understanding because she knew that's what Luke wanted from her and she couldn't seem to find her voice anyways.

Luke kissed her lips in a rush before pushing her behind him. He stood beside Michael, both of them watching through the glass as the dark creatures approached the establishment. At first glance it had looked like three or four of them. Now that they were closer, Luke could see that there was at least fifteen. Way too many for just his friend and him. He didn't like those odds at all. 

When he glanced beside him at Michael, his friend was watching him with a similar troubled look.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Michael asked.

"I love her. I don't have a choice. You're the one who doesn't have to do this. You can walk out right now and I won't hold it against you. This is not your battle to fight," Luke told his lilac haired friend.

For a moment, Michael looked like he was going to leave. He was looking at the door as if his freedom was at the other side of it, which it was. But then something in his eyes changed and he smiled.

"And let you take all the glory? Not today, buddy. Get her out through the back door. I'll stall them as much as I can," there was danger in his eyes. Luke could see more than the reflection of light in their depths.

"But you can't hurt them unless they are stealing a soul," Luke was voicing out his confusion.

"I guess they'll have to try to take mine... without dying first, of course," Michael said smugly.

Luke loved his confidence, but he was afraid for his friend's life. It wasn't right that he was risking everything just because of Luke. But there was no time to think, because the Sluaghs were already there. Luke saw them slid through the glass as if it wasn't there at all, but of course it was them who had no actual body to be stopped by it.

Luke hesitated, not knowing what to do. 

"Go!" Michael shouted his attention on the deadly ghosts in front of him. 

"Thank you," Luke said quickly, before reaching for Elle's hand and rushing to the back of the parlor, where a wooden back door stood, already unlocked. He pulled it open and ushered Elle out whilst he took another glance back at his friend. There was light shining from his chest were one of the Sluaghs was touching him. Luke guessed that the light was actually his soul. Before he could come to his friend's aid, Michael stroke the Sluagh with his fist and this one stumbled back towards the others coming through. He did this with the second one that tried to do the same thing. Luke could only pray that Michael could keep this up long enough to escape himself after they had left.

"Luke!" this was Elle shouting his name. Luke quickly ran outside where Elle was and found her standing a few feet away from two Sluaghs that had come from the back alley. 

The hissing sound of snakes that was common for the creatures filled the dark alleyway. One look behind him made Luke realized that another Sluagh from inside had followed him out, so both their escape points were closed off to them by the enemy. 

"Damn it," Luke cursed under his breath.

Elle turned to him, fear in her eyes as she looked up to his face.

"Nothing will happen to you if I have a say in it," he said fiercely. 

"But they blocked both our exits," she argued in barely a whisper.

"Then we'll have to make an exit of our own," Luke replied with a smile.

Elle's brow furrowed in confusion, not understanding what he meant. Luke didn't have time to explain. He quickly turned around to where there was only one Sluagh and proceeded to to take off his shirt.

Elle watched while he completed the task and was surprised at what lay under the fabric. Two tattoos were inked on Luke's back. They looked like ancient symbols of some sorts and they connected to each other to create two larger images. They looked like wings. Elle's mouth hung open. They were beautiful. She didn't have time to comment of them, because suddenly, something strange happened. The symbols started moving on his skin slowly until they reached the sides of his back, where they "fell off" but where the ink vanished, feathers would appear. It didn't take long for two full beautiful black wings to flutter their way out from his back. They were large in size, they took most of his back.  

Elle's mouth was still agape in awe. When Luke turned around to look at her, he looked worried. Maybe of her reaction?

"You're... you're.." but Elle couldn't find the words to finish the sentence.

"I'm a fallen angel," Luke finished for her. There was no time to explain anything. Luke quickly slid his arms around her waist and took flight. 

____________________________________________________

A/N: SAY WHAT? Luke's a fallen angel? Did you see that coming? I hope not >.<

Not much to say. Thank you so much for reading. The story is almost over omg. One or two chapters left :x

Let me know what you think, yeah?

Stay Awesome peeps,

Liz.x