Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen.

Michael was gone for hours. Luke was growing more impatient by the minute. He even tried to call him a couple of times, but every single time he was sent straight to voice mail. He didn't know what to think of that. Was his friend ignoring him? Busy? With his phone off? Or had he not found the information Luke asked him to get and was now avoiding him? The possibilities were endless and they were driving the tattoo artist insane. 

As night came upon them, Luke was not only pacing around the small tattoo parlor, but was also swearing like a sailor in the middle of a storm. Elle was just as anxious just by watching him.

"Luke," she finally said, trying to stop him from uttering any more curses. He quickly stopped his pacing and turned to face her, his face slightly surprised. He had forgotten that she was there with him.

Looking slightly ashamed, Luke quickly cut the distance between them and reached for her hands. She looked up at him, both pairs of blue eyes meeting.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm just nervous. I swore to protect you but that's going to be a little hard if I'm alone," Luke voiced out his concern and Elle's frown softened. Like she had done the night before, she touched his cheek with her hand and he closed his eyes at the contact. 

"I don't want you to get hurt protecting me, Luke. I rather just let them have my soul." Elle's words were honest. Luke quickly opened his eyes and scowled at her as if she had just slapped him.

"Don't say something like that ever again!". He didn't exactly yell but it was still louder than he had intended. Elle flinched slightly and Luke immediately regretted it.

He cupped her face with his hands and rested his forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry. God, I'm sorry. I'm just on edge. But please, don't ever say that again. I would do anything to keep you safe and alive. Anything, okay? I've lived long enough. But you? You have your whole life ahead of you." He meant every single word.

Luke knew that if he opened his eyes now, he would find Elle looking at him weird, probably wondering what he meant by the part where he said he had lived long enough. He wanted to explain it. He wanted to tell her everything, but he found that he couldn't. Not now. Something was forcing the words back. It was fear. Of what she would think or what the consequences would be, he didn't know. But he was definitely afraid either way. 

With eyes still closed, Luke brushed her lips with his before going on for a proper kiss.

Kissing her was like taking a breath after being too long underwater. It filled him with life.

He knew he was in too deep now. There were only two options for him now, to save Elle, or to die trying. 

It was then that he was interrupted by the sound of the door's bell that announced a new visitor. Luke quickly turned around.

Michael was closing the door behind him, turning the lock right afterwards. His forehead shone with beads of sweat and his breathing was ragged, as if he had been running. Which by the look of alarm in his face, he probably had been. 

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, even more worried now that he saw the haunted look on his friend's face.

Michael glanced at the clock above the mirror on the far left wall and Luke did the same. It was midnight, according to the little hands on the clock.

"Michael, what's wrong?" Luke repeated, his voice ringing with desperation this time. 

His friend's green eyes turned to him before he opened his mouth to speak.

"They're coming". 

___________________________________________

A/N: The chapter was going to be longer but I had to update my Zayn fanfic earlier and ughh, I'm just so tired. You cannot even imagine. And I don't feel very good either so yeah. I'm sorry. The next chapter is going to be VERY interesting. I'm so nervous for it >.<

Thank you on 10,000 reads. You guys rock \m/

Liz x.