Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

He couldn't stop kissing her. It was like he was addicted or something. Or maybe it wasn't that. Maybe the idea that her soul was being stolen from her slowly every day and the knowledge that her time was slipping away with each passing moment that gave him this sense of urgency; like he couldn't waste a single second, a single breath.

His eyes looked up at the reflection in the mirror and saw her eyes closed while he kissed her neck. The gesture made him smile and he quickly turned her around in his arms, so that she was finally facing him. 

At the sudden motion, her eyes fluttered open. Some of the blue had returned to them. They were the color of the ocean, when it was beautiful outside and the waves were untamable. They were restless and alert. More alive than they've been in the past few months since they met each other. But he knew it was all part of the moment, because in reality there was much more less of her inhabiting that body and those eyes. The realization threatened to crush him, but he pushed the thoughts aside. He had decided to take this night and make it special, because he didn't know what would be of them tomorrow.

With this in mind, Luke cupped Elle's face with both hands, stroking with his thumbs, both sides of her face. 

Her heart was pounding, her whole body electrified by the anticipation.

When Luke leaned down to kiss her, Elle met him halfway, shortening the time that it would take their lips to meet. Then they kissed. Soft, tender and heartbreakingly at first, because they knew that this would end. But it didn't take long for their wild and unchecked passion to reach the surface, desperate to help them forget about time, place and circumstances. 

Elle didn't even notice when he took her shirt off, but she knew it had happened because he paused in his fervid kissing to look at her. His eyes gazed over her body slowly, darkening with desire. The fact that he saw her that way was enough to leave her breathless and wanting him more. 

She quickly grabbed the hem of his shirt and helped him out of it. His body was almost as pale as hers, but where most of the skin of her torso was decorated with tattoos, he had unmarked skin. Luke let her stare at this body, built in lean muscle, for a few seconds before grabbing her waist and pulling her against him. Elle smiled as she put both of her hands on each of his and then let them travel of his nicely muscled arms and up to his shoulders, where they rested. 

"You might be the only tattoo artist in the world who has no tattoos," her tone was amused and Luke understood why. He was very well aware that it was odd.

"I have one or two, but they're in my back, " he said with a shrug.

"Why there?" she questioned, her eyes were full of curiosity; more than Luke had ever seen in them before. She wanted to know more about him.

"I love the art on everyone except on me," he said simply. His tone advised against any more questions. Elle got the hint.  He felt her trying to get out of his embrace so he held her tighter.

"I want to see," she pouted. Luke's smile made an appearance; it was white as the clouds on the sky and brighter then the sun itself.

"Later," was all he replied, before he brushed his lips to hers softly. The action was so sweet, that it distracted her from the subject, and this time she kissed him first, deep and long.

But they shared more than tender and heavy kisses...

That night, they shared their bodies, letting the other see more than anyone else had seen before.

They shared murmured confessions, secrets and fears; because there's no way to feel closest at heart than when you trust someone with your weaknesses.

And at last, but most importantly, they shared their souls, for she was missing part of hers and Luke was willing to give her all of his if it meant he would keep her beside him.

It had taken him so long to find her, he couldn't just let her fade away.

_________________________________________________

A/N: So, I think I forgot to tell you guys that this is a short story. Did I? I'm so sorry if I did. Anyways, there will be from 15 to 20 chapters. This is the first book to my mini series called "The Bound". The second book will be Michael's and I will make sure to post the prologue to it before I finish this story so that I can let you guys know so that you can go check it out, in case you want to read it. The third book will be Ashton's and the last one Calum's, so if you like my writing, stick around with me :)

Okay, that's all the announcements I have...

Thank you on 6,000 reads. This is so awesome. I love you :D

Stay Awesome,

Liz x