Chapter Six.

Chapter Six.

"You're not," Luke said softly, "I can see the light dimming in your eyes".

Elle said nothing to this. Luke wasn't expecting her to anyways.

Though Luke was very reluctant about drawing her new tattoo, she was still a customer and he felt obliged to do as she asked.

When he was done, she announced that she was leaving. He tried to kiss her goodbye, but she turned her face away and he kissed her cheek instead. He sighed, but it had no effect on her. She walked away, turning down his offer to walk her home.  

She left with new ink on her skin and a heavy weight in her heart.

Once Elle was gone, Luke sat down on his stool, rubbing his face with his hands. A ring echoed through the parlor, announcing a new visitor.

"I closed earlier today, please come back tomorrow," Luke said without looking at who was at the door. 

"I'm not here for a tattoo," the familiar voice replied. 

Mildly surprised, Luke glanced up at his old friend, smiling.

"Michael, what are you doing here?" he asked, already up to meet him with a hug.

His green eyed friend, who had a different hair color every time they met —it was a washed up lilac at the moment— smiled big and returned his hug, adding a friendly pat on Luke's back. 

"I came to talk to you," his friend remarked, his smile fading and turning into a frown. This gave Luke an idea of the conversation they would be having.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, his tone somber.

Michael sighed whilst pushing a hand through his hair.

"There are some rumors going around, about that pretty blonde that comes here every week." He went straight to the point. 

Luke rolled his eyes.

"Please, don't start with that," he begged.

"You know that if you want to get in his good graces, you need to get your shit together. Getting involved with this girl is not going to help your case," his friend argued, like Luke already knew he would.

"I don't want to get on his good graces," Luke retorted back, his voice annoyed 

"Maybe you should," Michael snapped back. 

"Would you?" Luke asked, "If you were me, would you want to get on his good graces?".

It was a valid question, Michael thought, but Luke knew what his response would be.

"I'm not you, Luke," his friend said.

"But if you were," Luke pushed.

"But I'm not," Michael rebutted, "I'm not you. I'm not a good guy. You are though, and you deserve better than this," and at this, he motioned around to Luke's parlor. 

"I'm content with what I have," the blond one said calmly. 

"You lack aspirations," the other one said with a shake of his head. 

"You lack more than that," Luke retaliated.

Michael said nothing.

"You knew how I would react yet you still came here to talk to me anyways," Luke said thoughtfully.

"I was hoping to talk some sense into you, but you are too stubborn, old friend." There was a ghost of a smile on Michael's lips as he turned to leave.

"I could say the same about you," he answered.

His lilac haired friend chuckled.

"Take care, bro," he said. 

"You too," Luke replied.

Before Michael closed the door behind him, he turned his face towards his blond friend...

"I walked past her on my way here. She smells like death... I thought you should know that". 

Then his friend was gone.

"I know, Michael," he said to himself, "I'm losing her by the day".

___________________________________

A/N: Little Michael cameo!!! Woop! The Michael in this chapter will have his own story once I'm done writing this one, thought I should let you guys know :) 

Please don't forget to let me know what you think :)

Thank you for 3,000 reads and for helping this story rank #8 on Paranormal and #24 on Short Story :D

I love you guys

Liz x