Chapter Four.

Chapter Four.

The week passed by slowly. Too slowly for Elle's taste. 

Every night the same thing happened. She knew the hollowness she felt inside was not just part of her imagination. She truly believed that something had been taken, no, stolen, from her... and she feared that she would never get it back again. At this point, she just wanted to see Luke and ask for a new tattoo. 

She had just come up with a new design that she felt was appropriate. Her body was begging for ink with a sense of urgency. It was almost like a physical ache that clung to her like the colors that were already sealed to her skin all across her stomach. 

When Saturday finally came around, Elle practically skipped all the way to Luke's parlor. She had gone earlier than she usually did. It was barely six in the afternoon when she showed up at his door. 

He was tattooing a teenager, probably sixteen or seventeen, at the most. When she walked in through the glass door, Luke glanced up from his current client and smiled as soon as he saw that it was her. For some reason, that brief smile that he shared with her before he got back to work, made her feel giddy. She kept smiling even after he wasn't looking at her anymore. 

She sat down on an empty chair while she waited patiently for Luke to finish. When he was done, the boy with brown wavy hair paid for his tattoo. By the time he was walking out of the establishment, Elle was standing up to walk towards the client chair. But before she could sit down, like she had planned to do, she was stopped by Luke, who had put down his tattoo gun and quickly reached for her. 

She was mildly surprised by his arm snaking around her waist and pulling her in his direction. She didn't pull away from his hold though, and when he leaned down to kiss her lips, she happily complied.

This kiss wasn't like their first one, which they shared literally just a week ago. It was not quick or simple. Somehow the kiss had inflamed them both with passion. Vaguely wondering why this was happening in the first place, Elle's arms reached up to wrap themselves around Luke's neck, with one hand tangled in his blond hair. Luke's own arms were both around her, holding her against him while his lips grazed hers fervidly.

"That was sort of inappropriate," he said, when they both stopped to catch their breaths. She noted that just like last week when she kissed him, there was no apology. She laughed in between breaths, still clinging to him, his face just a few inches away from her. His blue eyes were looking down at hers with an intensity that made her stomach turn with excitement. 

"It was," she finally said, holding his gaze. Neither one let go of the other. They just stayed in their embrace as they conversed quietly. Their breaths caressing each other's face. At her statement, Luke smiled widely. Elle thought that his smile could open up the gates of heaven if the chance was given.

She felt her face warm up at the thought and broke eye contact, staring at his red and black plaid shirt instead.

He noticed the pink tones that settled on her cheeks and realized that she was embarrassed, though why, he didn't know. 

Before deciding to let go of her, Luke leaned in one last time to kiss her again before saying, "I know... it's just that, well, I missed you".

_____________________________________________

A/N: Thank you guys for 1,000 reads. Thanks also for voting for this story at the 5 Seconds of Summer Watty Awards (there's still 2 more days of voting for the first round, until August 18th, the links are on the comment section of the previous chapter). Anyways... You are all awesome and gorgeous. I love you. 

Liz <3