Chapter Twelve.

Chapter Twelve.

When Luke walked to the tattoo parlor, after the unsuccessful attempt of convincing Darion, the demon who owed Elle's soul, to free her from the contract, he was a little less upset and a little more pissed off then when he left.

As he walked past the glass door and entered the establishment, he found Elle chatting away with his lilac friend, Michael. They were sitting on the floor casually with a box of pizza in front of them as they each ate a slice. To Luke it looked like a couple of friends having lunch, then on a second glance, when he saw Michael do his flirtatious eyebrow raising accompanied by a smirk and Elle laughing at whatever he had said, it looked like something more.

Luke swallowed the bitter feeling that he could suddenly taste in his mouth. This was not about Michael, he knew. It was about his own frustration at being useless in such a delicate and important situation. It was about him not being able to save Elle, the girl he loved.

But then as he thought again, it was also about Michael. Because he felt like shit at not being able to do anything to save Elle, and then he comes back to find his best friend flirting with the girl in question.

He had lived long enough to know that he was jealous, though he had never experienced the emotion ever before. Previously to his life as a tattoo artist, these type of feelings were a luxury that he could not afford. But now? Everything was different. He was different.

"Michael," he choked on his friend's name.

Michael, still smiling from whatever conversation he was having with Luke's love, turned his head to meet his friend's gaze. The somber look that he found on Luke's face, was enough to erase the smile on his lips. He quickly stood up and walked towards the blond one. In a hushed tone he spoke hurriedly.

"I was not trying to steal her away, Luke. She's one of those 'commitment' girls and I don't believe in all of that relationship and love bullshit. That's all you, remember? I'm the bad guy and you're the good guy. I shouldn't have to explain this. Now please get rid of that hurt expression because I was just being friendly with your girlfriend".

"You were flirting, Michael." Luke's voice was irritated.

"Fine, maybe a little bit. But only in a friendly matter. Not in any way serious and she knows that. Plus, she's like half over the moon for you so stop being so jealous. You're looking a lot like a dick right now." Even though Michael was joking, Luke couldn't find it in him to let him off the hook so quickly. But he put it off for now because there were more pressing matters.

"I need you to find out how to kill Sluaghs," Luke instructed.

Michael arched an eyebrow, "I take it the meeting with the demon didn't go very well?" he asked.

Luke shook his head no. Michael sighed and put his hand on Luke's shoulder.

"We'll find a way to save her, man." His friend's words had no effect on him. Luke felt like he was drowning and suffocating, both at the same time. It was awful; though it was all in his head and he knew it.

"Just get me that information. I have a feeling that now that Darion knows that Elle is with me, he'll make sure his little soul-stealing ghost friends have a way to come in here to get to her tonight".

"Alright," Michael said. "What are you going to do in the meantime?" he asked.

Luke's blue eyes held Michael's green ones, "I'm gonna kiss the girl I love and promise her that everything will be alright even though it's probably a lie".

And after Michael left, that's exactly what Luke did.

____________________________________________________

A/N: Action is coming up. Are you excited??

Thank you for 9,000 reads. I hope you enjoy what's left of the story.

I love you, stay awesome.

Liz x