1.5

THE DEAL
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

mackenzie

Anns
kenz plz talk to me
seen at 7:28am

Brynnyboo
kenz?
plz reply i'm worried
seen at 7:29 am

Mandlala
u never not text me
come on mack
i'm worried bout u
seen at 7:30am

Mads
come on
spill

KenzE
can i spill by talking

Mads
come into my room
seen at 7:32am

"what's wrong?" maddie asks right away when i walk into the room.

"not much, besides that the night of prom johnny did it with nadia" i sighed.

"he what?!" maddie yells. i shrunk back.

"sorry. but hey you'll get better." maddie tried to cheer me up.

"i just wish this whole dating thing didn't happen." i groaned.

"but it did. you guys caught feelings for each. somehow." we didn't. only i did.

"no this all happened because of ja-" i paused, no way could maddie know about the love letter.

"what?" maddie looks at me, "jack?"

"it's nothing." i lied. i hate lying to her, i could never lie to her. she could always tell when i'm lying.

"i know when you're lying." maddie narrows her eye.

i closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "i sort of wrote a love letter to jack, and johnny let us fake date so that he could get nadia jealous and that i could ignore jack."

it was deadly silent.

"i'm sor-" i started to apologize, but got cut off by her.

"why didn't you tell me?" maddie whispered.

"i thought you would be mad at me for writing a love letter to your boyfriend at that time. plus, i could never lie to you." a tear escaped my eye. maddie pulled me into a hug, and i cried on her shoulder.

"tell me everything" so i told her everything, the hangouts, promposal, the prom night, and the night before. all of it. and she listened to every single detail.

"you catched feelings for him didn't you?" she asked in the end.

"yes. i broke the rule. my own rule." i sighed, biting my lip.

"and so did he" maddie smirks, "i could tell he likes you."

"no he doesn't mads. he still likes nadia. probably fucking her right now, saying how horrible i was." i rolled my eyes.