1.4

THE DEAL
CHAPTER FOURTEEN

mackenzie

i walked to school, feeling happy. i opened my locker, putting my backpack in it, and grabbing my books. when i closed my lockers, a head popped out of the corner of me locker.

i yelped. "john! you scared me."

he chuckled. "hey."

"hey there johnny." i giggled. after a week ago, my mood hasn't been able to go down at all.

"let's get to class." johnny nudges. i nodded, walking along with him.

"so, we're hanging out at my house tonight. come?" johnny asked.

"sure." none the of us said anything about the night a week ago. that kiss just felt... different. it felt real. not fake kisses we have to make this relationship seem real.

during the middle of the walk, johnny grabbed my hand, holding it for the rest of the way. i smiled widely.

"yo kenz you cute! hit me up." one of the fuck boys shouted across the hallway, winking. i think his name was joey birlem.

we ignored him, johnny pulled me closer to him, and i found it very cute. he was very protective of me. then, right before we got to the classroom, jack walked by. he looked at me, and i stared back too. i had no idea how long i was going to have to ignore my best friend. or should i say, ex best friend.

johnny sensed it, since he pulled me where i couldn't see him. i quietly thanked him, for helping me get out of the horrible tension between us two.

"i heard nadia and darius broke up!" annie brings up immediately.

"probably realized what a fucktard she is." i rolled my eyes. he laughed, agreeing with me.

"so, any gossips lately?" lauren asks, "the tea has been dry lately."

"nope." carson looks around.

i laid my head down on johnny's shoulders. i yawned, feeling tired already. he softly kissed my forehead, and pulled me on his laps.

"there might not be any gossip, but jenzie is still so cute!" brynn squeals.

i sighed, not even bothering to even reply. enjoying the scent of his shirt, i buried my face into it more. he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"cutie." johnny whispered before kissing my forehead lightly.

"so what are we playing today?" hayden asked, throwing his backpack onto the floor.

"pool?" lauren suggested. everyone shrugged their shoulders.

brynn, annie, and i all borrowed bikinis from lauren, and hayden and Carson borrowed swim trunks from johnny.

i wore this black bikini with white squares on it.

walking out together, we saw the boys already in the pool.

"took you long enough." hayden screams. i stuck out my tongue at him, mocking him.

i sat in the chair, wanting to tan.

suddenly, i heard a screech. it was brynn, who got thrown in by carson. annie was about to be thrown in. lauren just quickly jumped into the pool. i saw johnny coming after me, and started running around. he caught in no time, jumping us into the pool.

i quickly came up, gasping for air.

in the end, we had a water fight.

"let's play truth or dare." lauren pats the floor. we sat down in a circle.

"i'll start, hayden, truth or dare?" lauren grins.

"truth."

"what do you like most about annie?"

"easy. everything." hayden replies immediately. annie blushed real hard.

"awww" i gushed.

"shut the fuck up." annie muttered. i raised my hands, defending myself.

"brynn, truth or dare?" hayden asked brynn.

"hmm, dare."

"seven minutes in heaven with carson." together they went into the bathroom. seven minutes later, they came back with puffy lips and messy hair.

this game went on for a while, full of laughter.

"johnny, truth or dare?" carson asked.

"dare." he grinned.

"i dare you to call nadia and say you miss her and then say you don't." i laughed at his dare.

johnny got out his phone and called nadia. he put it on speakers so we can hear.

"hello?" nadia answered.

"hey nadia, it's johnny."

"johnny! hi!"

"i just wanted to tell you i miss you."

"really? i do too." nadia answers.

"well, guess what? it's a prank. i don't. SIKE!" johnny yelled, laughing.

"oh really? that wasn't what you said a week ago." nadia challenges. my heart dropped. what?

"what? i don't know what you're talking about." johnny nervously chuckled.

"oh so you don't remember prom night, in the classroom, all the moaning and pleasure?" nadia asked. "i think we should finish what we've started, don't you?"

right at that moment, i knew why he went to the bathroom for so long. why his hair was a bit messy. why nadia has messy hair and smudged makeup. they had gotten with each other. he led me on like a piece of shit.

i stood up, running to the front door and out of it. screamings of my name could be heard, but i couldn't care less.

after all, the best thing in my life turned out to be fake.

A/N

this was sad to make😢

should i do a face reveal??

QUESTION OF THE DAY
favorite candy

ANSWER
skittles or gummy

~yvonne