Part Seventeen | Falling For You Doesn't Feel Like Falling At All

After three rounds of never have I ever most attendees of Violet's party are very drunk. Clementine included. People slowly break away from the sofa's and head into the house as the game subsides. Most making their way into the kitchen to scavenge any leftover pizza or takeaway they can find.

Louis and Violet are sitting on the outdoor sofa, facing each other and talking about the itinerary for the weekend ahead. The two are the least drunk of all the attendees of the party, aside from Brody who's stone cold sober in preparation for tomorrow's drive.

Clementine lies on the wooden patio by the seating area, feeling the hard floor beneath her press into her hips, her back and head. It's uncomfortable but from this position, Clementine can see the stars. She closes her eyes and hums quietly to the music that's playing from inside the house. It reverberates through the wall behind her, the sounds echoing and the vocals twisting into a dreamy version of the original song.

She rests one hand across her stomach as she inhales deeply. Beside her, the fire is beginning to die down, the embers flicker and crackle. Smoke billows up into the night and the heavy smell of ash fills the air.

Clementine could fall asleep right here underneath the stars with soft music playing and the comforting sound of Violet's voice just beside her. She feels a hand gently stroke her calf she lifts her head with great difficulty. The alcohol weighs her limbs down. Violet's leans down from the sofa and softly strokes Clementine's lower leg to get her attention.

"You look tired," she says with a sympathetic smile. Clementine nods and then as if to prove Violet's point, lets her head fall back against the deck as she closes her eyes once more.

She hears Violet and Louis chuckle as they stand and lean down to lift Clementine to her feet. "So sleepy," says Clementine, "and drunk."

Violet slings one of Clementine's arms around her shoulder and lets the brunette lean on her while she finds her feet "we'll get you to bed Clementine," Violet says softly. Louis follows them into the house and shuts off the outside lights, closing the kitchen door to the patio and locking it behind him. The music in the living room is beginning to die down as people slowly leave the house or head upstairs to the bedrooms.

Clementine uses her free hand to grip the handrail and gently pulls herself up the stairs. Her other hand moves from Violet's shoulder and comes to rest around on her waist, pulling her girlfriend closer to her.

"Careful Clem," says Violet with a giggle, "you'll pull me over."

"I want you," says Clementine with a drawl in her voice as she tilts her head towards Violet's. Violet's eyes widen as she takes in her girlfriends words. Violet exhales and turns her head away trying to calm her nerves. Clementine's statement leaves her feeling hot and flustered because she can't deny that she has those same feelings for Clementine too.

The girls reach the top of the stairs and check doors of the bedrooms until they find the one Violet ditched their bags in earlier. Clementine stumbles into the room and falls onto her bed on her back, sighing as she melts into the mattress. Violet closes the door behind them and locks it.

The blonde makes her way to the bathroom and reaches up to the cabinet, shifting through the bottles of face cream and toothpaste until she finds a plastic cup. She fills the cup with cold water and makes her way back to Clementine. In the time that Violet has been in the bathroom fetching Clementine a drink, the brunette has slipped free of her shirt and sits on the bed with her head stuck in the hem of her undershirt. Her arms are failing as she struggles to remove the article of clothing and a muffled call for assistance comes from within the vest.

Violet scoffs as she tries not to laugh and sets down the water on the bedside table before helping Clementine free of her vest. Her curls are released from her hair ties with the action and the dark waves tumble down her neck and land on her shoulders. Clementine is left only with her bra protecting her modesty, Violet tells herself not to stare. The brunette sighs and runs a hand through her tangled hair before looking up at the blonde.