Part Four | The Morning After The Night Before

Clementine's head is pounding.

She groggily opens her eyes hissing as the light entering the room blinds her, reaching out she feels the familiar shape of a pillow next to her. Grabbing it she rolls onto her stomach and shoves her head beneath the soft downy pillow, burying her face in the mattress, breathing in the smell of freshly washed linen.

She sighs loudly, Her limbs ache and she as she lifts her head her vision swims, nausea creeping up her throat. Clementine drops her head back down groaning as the side effects of last night begin to catch up to her.

What happened after they started doing shots? Her memories were hazy visions of excessive drinking and dancing with her friends until the early hours of the morning.

One memory in particular has gotten itself stuck in Clementine's mind, Violet kissing her in the entertainment room before they all got stupidly drunk. Violet had told Clementine she'd been unable to stop looking at her and Clementine had confessed her feelings. And the kiss, it plays over and over again in her head on reply as she savours the moment.

It's the only thing from the night she really remembers, and she remembers it in such vivid detail. The way all the noises around her faded into nothing, the way Violet tasted and the softness of her lips, Clementine had been with Gabe for nearly a whole year and he'd never kissed her like that.

As she rouses from her daze Clementine realises how cold she is, she begrudgingly pushes herself onto her elbows glancing down at her body to see why she's shivering. Great, she's still in her underwear, although one article of clothing has her intrigued. She's wearing Violet's flannel; the buttons are connected to the wrong holes, so it hangs from Clementine's body at a strange angle as she fully sits up.

She looks around the room wondering if Violet is also in here with her, but it's empty. she stands and pulls the curtain closed, blocking the light that's impeding her vision and making her headache ten times worse. Across the room where she left it last night Clementine's phone begins to buzz, she groans and crosses the room to quickly silence it. It's 8:27 am way too early for someone as hungover as her to be awake. The text that lit her phone up is from Louis, Clementine rubs her eyes and dims the brightness before unlocking her phone to see what he wants.

Louis: Hey Clem, you up yet?

Clementine: Just, why are you texting me? Saturday mornings are reserved for quiet lie-ins to recover from hangovers. Not loud texts or hanging out.

Louis: That's rude, you're crashing at my house aren't you? Come downstairs, I have coffee and bacon :)

Clementine: Sold, just give me two minutes to look as respectable as I can in this state.

Clementine turns off her phone and looks half-heartedly around the room for something to wear, she unbuttons Violet's shirt before reconnecting the buttons, this time matching them to the correct holes. Rifling through the drawers by the bed she comes across a pair of old jeans that just fit her, it's not her usual style but it's better than going downstairs in nothing but Violet's shirt and her underwear. That would certainly raise suspicion.

As she leaves her room she listens to see if anyone else is up, from the room next to her she can hear Marlon snoring loudly. The rest of the hall is silent, Clementine wonders which room Violet is sleeping in. Appealing smells rise from the kitchen and the brunette wanders down the staircase gripping the handrail tightly as she tackles each stair one at a time turning towards the kitchen once she reaches the bottom.

Louis stands behind the impressive marble-topped island with his back to Clementine he hums a song she isn't familiar with. He's showered and dressed, and Clementine silently curses him for being completely immune to the nasty hangover that's hit her like a tonne of bricks.