Chapter 22

"Okay, I don't care," you growled as the two of you sped down the road. You had been warned that if you dug any further on the why questions, you would become further involved with the members and that was the complete opposite of what you wanted right now.

"Ouch that hurt," Jin huffed, glancing at you quickly before returning his eyes back onto the road. "Look, I know you worry that if you find out why it had happened, you would be become more involved with us and that's completely fine. If I were in your shoes, I would do the same exact thing. But there are just somethings that I think you should know, information that comes without a price you know?"

You remained silent and looked out the window. The passing night lights became streaks and a blur at the speed you were currently traveling. The mess of lights outside was quite accurate to the mess of events, thoughts, and emotions in your head.

"You okay?" Jin asked as he pulled off into a separate road, exiting the freeway. As he approached the red light and braking the car, he turned over to you- his eyes with worry on how quiet you had been.

"Yeah," you mumbled.

"Okay," Jin smiled and turned back to the road- the light was now green. "I thought you gone mute or the cat got your tongue or something."

"Funny," you replied. Jin's presence was calming, gentle in a way. You began to feel yourself relax, becoming at ease with Jin's nature. Maybe it was a faerie thing.

"Anyways, you got any questions? How about Jaehwa? By the way, do you still live in the same place as you used to? I kind of just assumed you did but if not, would you be a dear and enter it in on the GPS for me?" Jin rambled.

"First off, I guess yes on the Jaehwa question and no to the where I live question," you answered. You had zoned out during the car ride, not noticing that you had been going in the completely wrong direction the entire time. As you entered the location into the GPS, Jin began talking.

"Great, let's begin," Jin started, "By the way, I just noticed, your new home and your old home happen to be on the complete opposite side of the city. It seems like it's going to take awhile to get there. I guess it means more quality time together eh?" Jin smiled as he pulled back onto the freeway. You shrugged your shoulders and gave a slight smile.

"Okay, now where was I? Oh, got it," Jin began after safely pulling onto the freeway, "So about Jaehwa, well you know how Suga and Taehyung both have the ability to erase the memories of others they feed on? Well, they can also erase the memories of others in general- without needing to feed on them. Put Jaehwa and the two together and bingo!- you got your answer. The reason to why Jaehwa doesn't know you is simply because she doesn't remember you. Everything about Y/N in her brain? Gone, nah-dah, it doesn't exist," Jin answered.

You remained quiet for a few moments, your brows furrowing down in a tumble of emotions. You could've figured it out without Jin telling you, but the confirmation coming from Jin still hit you hard.

"So, why?" you asked after you had calmed yourself down.

Jin sighed and glanced at you quickly before answering. "Well, it's a really long story."

"We've got time," you replied, crossing your arms and looking at Jin.

Jin laughed before sighing again. "Well, after your sudden disappearance, everyone was told that you had been assigned a new position with a company we were going to collaborate with. Many accepted the reason and moved on, but there was also many who couldn't. They asked 'why were you given that job?', 'why her?', and just 'why?' in general. So eventually, many of your former co-workers began bugging the boss and he eventually gave in and let out the reason- the same reason you were given- to why you had you had to transfer. You know, the reason of you harassing me because you had my phone number and whatnot...sorry about that by the way," Jin mumbled.