Chapter 16

Two months later...

"Okay is everyone good? Outfits and makeup done yet?" you yelled across the waiting room. It was currently quite hectic, a whole bunch staff members and other managers were scrambling around trying to make sure everything was ready to go. It was the boys' first debut stage- their first performance ever with a broadcasting network. Everyone was trying their best to make sure everything would go off without a hitch.

After a few moments had passed and no one had answered, you looked up from the clipboard you had in your hands. You saw how everyone was busy- the staff cleaning up the waiting room, other managers going in and out the room to check the time, and the boys were going over their performance- singing and dancing. Everyone had completely ignored you- or they simply didn't hear you because eight men singing can be quite loud.

"Hey guys!" you started again, only to have no one look up. You sighed and rubbed your temples, you had a headache from the stress of trying to organize this debut stage. You started calling out again a few times, hoping at least someone would look up. Nah da. Nope. Rejected. You sighed.

"HEY GUYS!" you yelled, "JONGHO STOP BREAKING APPLES AS A WAY TO WARM UP YOUR VOCAL CHORDS. MINGI AND YUNHO, STOP ENCOURAGING HIM BY DANCING!" You stopped to take a breather, noticing how the room had gotten quiet- everyone's attention on you. "Well then," you started, much more calm this time, "does everyone have their outfits on and makeup done?" you asked.

They boys looked around at each other. No one answered. You took this as a yes and turned away, checking 'makeup' and 'outfits' from your clipboard. "Okay then," you relied, "I'll go and tell the team you guys are ready-"

"San hasn't gotten his makeup done yet," Seonghwa blurted out. The boys distinctive mumbles started again, all of them turning and looking at San. San looked around wide eyed now that everyone's attention was on him.

You sighed but offered a small smile. "It's okay, we still have about twenty-ish minutes. Go and get your makeup done." San rushed out over to a makeup artist, immediately starting to get ready. The chatter, warmups, and scrambling started again after a few moments.

You rubbed the back of neck and then tapped on your clipboard. So far nothing major had happened- thank goodness.

...

"Okay lets go, five minutes," you ushered, pushing the boys out of the room. You led them through winding hallways, stepping over chords and avoiding 'traffic'. After a few moments, you had arrived backstage. It was dim, except for the few flashing stage lights that had escaped through the gaps. You asked a crew member how many minutes left.

"Okay," you started- turning towards the boys, "we have two minutes." They boys shuffled nervously, taking deep breaths to calm themselves.

"ONE MINUTE," the crew member called out. The boys looked up and began to shuffle towards to the entrance of the stage.

"Look," you walked over and patted their backs. They turned to look at you. "You guys will do fine. I've seen how hard you guys work and how passionate you are about this."

"MAKE YOUR WAY ONE STAGE!"

You had your hand up, and the boys high fives you as they walked on stage. "Go and kill it on stage," you called, "Fighting!" The boys smiled back and mouthed 'fighting' back, nodding their heads.

...

"Awesome job slaying the stage guys, but we are a bit behind schedule- we're going to have to hurry it up if you don't want to miss that radio broadcast you're scheduled for," you reported while circling the backstage room. The staff was just as hurried as you, rushing to get outfits together and changed. The other managers were with their respective boys, making sure we were to go soon. After a few moments, the staff and other managers offered you a thumbs up, signalling that everything was ready to go.