Chapter 12

"I believe we didn't think this through..." Namjoon mumbled as everyone gathered around your car.

"You think?" Suga snapped back, crossing his arms in annoyment.

The current problem was how everyone was going to get to the restaurant- which happened to be 15 minutes away by car. No one wanted to walk there since it would've taken quite a bit of time. However, none of the members happened to have a car right on hand, thus your vehicle was the only option. There was eight people and only five could fit- including the driver. This was the dilemma unfolding right now.

"I guess if we squeezed ourselves and strapped Jungkook to the roof, it might just work," Suga suggested sarcastically. 

"Why me?" Jungkook whined, clearing not noticing it was sarcasm. Suga rolled his eyes in response.

"Sorry for having such a tiny car," you sighed. The car keys jingled in you hand as messed around with it, hoping the situation would be figured out by the time you lost interest in messing with the keys.

"I have an idea!" J-hope piped up, smiling. You noticed how he was glowing. Your eyes flickered over to Jin, who was also glowing- just not as much as J-Hope.

"Continue," Namjoon nodded in response.

"Why don't you let Suga and Taehyung shadow travel? We can meet them over there!" J-Hope beamed, clearly proud of his suggestion.

Or we can just cancel this dinner thing and hopefully never reschedule it again, you said inside your head. However, right after this thought, you remembered Namjoon could read minds. You turned your head immediately towards him, expecting him to give you a look, but he was too focused on what J-Hope had suggested. You sighed in relief. 

"Yeah, that might just work," Jin agreed, "You two don't mind waiting for us do you?" Jin asked, waiting for Suga's and Taehyung's response.

The two grunted but didn't say no.

"Okay then!" Jin began, "Let's get ready to hit the road."

...

The seating arrangements in the car were still a bit chaotic. There was only five seats and six people. If you took out the awkwardness, the seating arrangements were quite funny. You sat in the driver's seat- since it was your car, and Jin sat beside you, in the passenger's seat. The three seats behind you- from left to right- was Jungkook, J-hope, and Namjoon. Jimin was sitting on Jungkook's lap.

"Why do I have to sit on somebody's lap?" Jimin huffed.

"'Cause you're the smallest one here hyung," Jungkook replied. His response didn't make the situation for Jimin any better, thus earning him a punch from Jimin.

You buckled your seatbelt and turned your head back, looking out for any cars before you backed out of the parking lot. However, all you could see was J-Hope- he was blocking your view.

"J-Hope-ssi," you began but was cut but J-Hope.

"Call me Hoseok- Hoseok-oppa," he smiled.

"Hoseok-oppa," you started again, "can you duck your head down? I can't see what's behind the car."

"Sure thing!" Hoseok ducked his head down. After that, you were able to safely back out of the parking lot and onto the road- embarking on a journey towards the restaurant.

...

Somewhere along the way, the topic of conversation fell upon you. You didn't know how the topic of who had the longest legs (which Namjoon obviously won) changed into where you are from. But then again, you never had your train of thoughts in line so who were you to judge?