Chapter 8

Taehyung POV

"Hyung, where are you going?" Jungkook asked, glancing at him shortly before focusing his attention back to his phone.

"Just going to wander around," Taehyung mumbled and stretched his legs. The staff were in a meeting, he had one hour to do whatever he pleased as long as they don't notice he had sneaked out.

"Get me some of those cookies that I like, 'kay?" Jungkook asked, not really caring what his hyung was going to do anymore.

"Get them yourself, you lazy asshole," Taehyung growled before turning towards the backdoor exit. He turned around one more time, making sure the staff members didn't see him sneaking out.

When he was assured no one saw him, Taehyung slipped out and headed towards the cafe located near their entertainment company.

The warm glow radiating from the cafe lights gave off a warm feeling. Taehyung pulled his cap lower down his face as a couple of girls passed by him. Judging from how they were pointing to the entertainment company's logo, they were fan girls. Only when they were out of sight did he let out a sigh of relief. His warm breath immediately appeared as a puff of a tiny white cloud, it was quite chilly despite it still being early autumn.

The cold air made Taehyung crave some hot chocolate and the cookies Jungkook loved so much.

The sudden craving of hot chocolate made Taehyung think of Y/N. Before the whole incident, he never really got know her very well. They passed by a few times in the editing studio, when the editing staff asked his group members to view certain cuts of film. She usually had her hair tied up messily, for the editing staff sometimes worked long shifts. During the cold seasons, her soft hair bounced around hurriedly throughout the studio as she rushed to get her work done. In her hands she held a cup of hot chocolate.

Taehyung never thought about feeding on her, for some reason he could not bring himself to even imagine such a thing. However after that one night, things changed. Taehyung didn't if it was for the better or for the worse.

The sudden crunch of gravel brought Taehyung back to reality. He looked up and saw the cafe entrance within a few strides. When he opened the door to the cafe, a tiny bell rang, alerting the workers a customer had arrived.

"I would like a cup of hot chocolate and some of those cookies," Taehyung stated his order and pointed to the cookies in the display box. After thinking whether he should get Jungkook any, he settled on a decision: he would get him those cookies. However, Jungkook would have to owe him two times fold. "Please get me two dozen of those cookies please," he replied. After paying for his order, Taehyung took a seat near the order pickup counter.

"That's it!" a familiar voice exclaimed from the corner of the cafe. Taehyung whirled around and saw two heads sitting in the back of the cafe. He maneuvered himself around to get a better view.

There was a man and woman sitting close together. The man had on a black beanie but tufts of mint green hair stuck out. He wore all black with a matching face mask that hung loosely under his chin and on his neck. As Taehyung thought, it was Suga-hyung. However, who was the girl with him? Suga never showed interest in any girls, he claimed he never had the time for a relationship.

The woman was faced away from Taehyung, all he could see was the back of her head. He tried to find a better view but all he ended up doing was look like a creepy stalker. Only when did she speak did he know who she was. Taehyung would always be able to differentiate her voice ever since that incident. It was Y/N.

But why was hyung with Y/N? Maybe she they just met each other coincidence, they have both been known to come here quite often. Taehyung stood there puzzled at the scene. In the end, he sighed and turned away. Whatever hyung chose to do it wasn't his business. In the middle of his short walk back to the order pickup counter did he finally remember what Jin-hyung had told him.