Chapter 33

A/N:  I've changed the rating of this book to mature with this chapter.  I will still clearly mark where the mature content begins and ends so if you still want to read, but skip those parts it should be easy to do.  ----------- indicates where the mature content begins.  ~~~~~~~~~~~ indicates where it ends.

Vincent Kinsington

I had been to the stadium parking lot before, but I had never been inside it. I stood in line and purchased a ticket. Chet knew I was coming, but I hadn't told Alex. If he knew, he would feel pressured to sit by me instead of with Mateo's family. I entered and found my seat. My seat was about halfway up the rows. There were a few people on my aisle, but no one sat directly by me.

I saw Alex enter with I assumed Mateo's family. He did look happy as Mateo's younger brothers walked on either side of him talking animatedly. They sat in my section, but in one of the first rows. Alex didn't notice me.

Mr. Watakeekul entered with his wife and Chet's little sister. Chet had been correct in that she looked like a prettier, feminine version of their father. Chet and his sister didn't look too much alike, but there were enough similarities to tell they were family.

Chet's sister and Mateo's sister waved to each other as the Watakeekul family passed Mateo's family. They sat in the next set of rows to the right. Mr. Watakeekul didn't notice me. That was good. He didn't know Chet and I were dating, but I was just glad I didn't have to deal with facing him as Chet's secret boyfriend. I had met Mrs. Watakeekul at a few work functions, but I had never seen Chet's little sister before. The seats filled with more people.

Soon an announcer named the players on the other team. The stadium was mostly silent. Then the announcer named the players on our team. Cheers came from the crowds in the stadium as they announced our players. My heart thumped a little harder when Chet's name was announced and he came out with his other teammates waving his arm vigorously to the crowds.

The game started. Chet was on the sidelines. I tried to pay attention to what was happening on the field as I knew how much Chet loved soccer, but it was difficult. I only wanted to stare at his back. Mateo sat next to him on the bench. He turned once and waved at his family and Alex.

Chet turned once, he saw his family first, then his eyes landed on the girl who had been at his birthday party last night and a wave of jealousy washed through me. I hadn't even noticed her until then. Chet's eyes changed when they landed on me. The corners of his mouth lifted into a slight smile. I couldn't help it, I smiled back. I didn't think anyone was paying attention to me so they wouldn't notice. Chet's attention went back to the field. At some point during the first half, Chet and Mateo were substituted into play.

I found myself leaving my seat and walking down to stand at the front where I could better see him. This was a new side to him I had never seen before - focused, running, there was a knowledge and confidence in his eyes and a sharp look that was extremely attractive. He usually had an innocence and sweetness to him, but while he was playing he was totally focused on what was happening on that field. And...I had never seen him in his soccer uniform before. The muscles of his thighs peeked out from under the shorts. They were defined and thick and hard to look away from as the muscles tightened and shifted underneath his caramel skin every time he moved.

There was a nudge on my shoulder that startled me. I blushed when I saw Alex there beside me. How long had he been there?

"I've been wondering this since last night," Alex said. "Do you have a crush on Chet?"

"No." My blush deepened. "Yes," I admitted. Alex could tell when I was lying.

"Were you just checking out Chet's legs?"