XXII

Harry and Louis left to talk, and I was curious, so I decided to eavesdrop. I followed them stealthily down the hall, neither at all noticing my soft, almost inaudible footsteps.

They headed up to Harry's room, the door slamming behind them. I assumed the door was slammed by Harry; he seemed more pissed off than Louis did.

I snuck up, pressing my ear to the door.

“What's up mate?" That was Louis, but although he was asking a question, he didn't exactly sound confused as to why he was there.

“I think you know what's up," Harry spat, and I heard a crash. I think he flipped over a table or something. Damn.

“I think I might," Louis said, sounding like he was smirking, “but I need you to explain it to me anyway."

Harry huffed. “Was this your plan?" he demanded. “To make me look like a dick so that you could get Clara to warm up to you? You don't want her gone, do you, you just want to make sure that I'm out of the way."

“Well, aren't you clever," Louis said, sounding smug. “It worked, though."

“Yes, that's my problem." Harry groaned, and I imagined him pulling at his hair. “She thinks I'm a jerk."

“I think she thinks you're more than a jerk," Louis supplied.

There was a silence, and I imagined Harry sending Louis a dirty look.

“She's going back today," Harry pointed out.

“Really?" Louis said, sarcasm evident in his tone.

“No, but she's going to leave thinking I'm a huge jerk!" Harry was obviously freaking out. “I have to do something to make it up to her!"

“Like?" Louis asked.

“I don't know, I don't know!" Harry exclaimed.

I hears footsteps approaching and immediately withdrew, looking around wildly for a place to hide. There was a hall closet nearby, and I practically jumped into it, almost closing the door.

From the crack that I could still see out of, I saw Harry exit the room, followed closely by Louis.

“Where are you going? What are you doing?" Louis persisted.

“Just... something," Harry said.

I wondered how Harry was still putting up with Louis. If I had figured out that Allie had come up with a plan to get me out of the way so she could hit on a guy, I'd be beyond pissed.

Once I couldn't hear their footsteps, I came out of the closet, softly closing the door behind me. Neither of the boys were in sight, so I started walking down the hallway, heading to my bedroom.

Unfortunately, both of them were standing outside of my door. Harry was banging his fist against my door, trying not to be too angry. He was calling my name, too, asking me to open the door.

I was going to turn back and quietly sneak downstairs, but Louis had looked up when I had approached, and he was staring at me.

“Um, Harry," he said, elbowing the curly haired boy.

Harry stopped knocking on the door to turn to give Louis an annoyed look, but then followed Louis's finger that was pointed at me.

“Oh," he said, his arm dropping to hang limply by his side. “There you are."

I pursed my lips and turned to walk away.

“Wait, Clara," Harry said, sounding desperate.

I stopped, sighed, turned around and crossed my arms. “What?" I asked in the harshest tone I could possibly muster.

Harry flinched but didn't back down. “I want to go somewhere with you."

“Whoa, I don't want to go somewhere with you!" I fake gasped, putting my have over my mouth before dropping it and putting on a serious face. “Look, Harry, I know I'm being a bitch right now, but I really don't want to be around you, let alone go somewhere with you."

“Please," Harry begged. “Its important."

“Why?" I asked.

“Because." He swallowed nervously before shaking his head. “Just trust me. It's important."

“Do you remember the last time I trusted you?" I asked, my eyes blazing. “Yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I don't want to go through that again." I spun on my heel and stalked away, ignoring Harry calling my name.

I headed to -guess where!- the kitchen, simply because I was upset and food always made me feel better. Unfortunately, Harry knew that about me as well, so when I went to leave the kitchen with my cookies, he was standing in the doorway.

“Please, Clara," he said, giving me puppy eyes. “Give me a chance."

“Puppy eyes won't work," I told him, taking a bite of my cookie. I went to walk past him, but he didn't budge. I huffed impatiently. “Will you please let me pass so I can eat my cookies in peace?"

“Nope," he replied, popping the p.

“Forcing me into doing something won't make me like you again," I mumbled. “Will you ever leave me alone?"

“Nope," he repeated. “Well, not until you come with me."

“Sorry, you might murder me," I said dismissively, making him laugh. I glared at him and he stopped. “Why are you so persistent?"

“Because, like I told you, it's important," he said. “Pleeeease, please please please please please please -"

“No, stop," I groaned.

“- please please please please please -"

“Harry," I said in a warning tone.

“- please please please please -"

“Fine!" I said, making Harry stop his please's. “But this had better be damn important."

“It is, I swear," Harry said, beaming.

“But," I added, “I want one of your other friends to drive me. Not Louis."

“But -" Harry began, and I cut him off.

“No," I said. “Either, get one of your friends to drive me, or I'll stay in my room for the rest of the day."

~~

okay so shh I'm supposed to be using WiFi for a project but I'm updating since it's not working

unedited sorry

um for the people so wanted to start a band I don't know if you're being serious or not bc I do want to start a band but I can't play an instrument atm (I'm learning guitar in grade ten) and I can't sing so

thanks to cigarettehoran for the cover ilysm bb

xx