XVI

Harry

“I've got a plan!" Louis announced as soon as Liam, Zayn, and Niall walked in.

“You shouting it at the top of your lungs won't help," Zayn snorted, and Louis playfully slapped  him.

“Especially when some of us are really hungover," Niall muttered.

Clara had gone upstairs to do who knows what, and my friends were over once again. Louis claimed he had thought of a brilliant plan, so I said they could come over to “discuss," which really meant listen to Louis's plan, then complain about our hangovers and play video games.

“Okay, so," Louis said, sitting down on the couch, propping his feet up on the coffee table. “I had this brilliant plan."

“I'm pretty sure we've already gathered that," Liam retorted, rolling his eyes.

Louis stuck his tongue out before turning to me. “Harry, this plan involves only you."

“Alright," I muttered, resting my head on the cushions of the couch and closing my eyes. Louis smacked me, and I opened my eyes to glare at him. “What?"

“You do want her gone, don't you?" he challenged, raising his eyebrows as though he knew something I didn't.

I sighed, running a hand through my messy hair. “Yeah, but I really don't see a point in trying. She's only here for two more days."

“Aw, does little Harry have a crush?" Liam teased, nudging me. I clenched my jaw.

“Can't blame you," Niall muttered, rubbing his temples. “She's really hot."

“I don't have a crush," I huffed, though I sounded like I was trying to convince myself.

“Whatever you say," Zayn said, smirking at me.

“What's the stupid plan?" I snapped, turning to Louis, who was smiling.

“Well," he said, pausing for dramatic effect. “You make her think that you're into her, and then you break her heart."

“I can't do that in two days," I pointed out.

“Counting today, it's three days," Louis retorted. “C'mon, you need to get her out of the house. She's the only babysitter who's lasted this long."

I nodded. “Alright. But you guys have to leave."

“Why?" Liam whined, pouting.

“Because, if you guys are here, then she'll suspect something," I explained.

“Fine," Niall huffed, standing up. “I'll see you guys later." He pulled on his shoes before leaving.

“Have fun with your crush," Zayn grinned, following after Niall.

“I don't have a crush on her," I yelled after him.

“Whatever you say!" he called.

Liam and Louis left shortly after. I took a deep breath, messing up my hair before heading upstairs. I felt bad, but I had to do this. Right?

Clara

A knock came at the door, and I set my phone on the duvet before getting up and opening the door.

“Oh. Harry," I said. He stood out in the hallway, fidgeting. He looked up once I spoke, his eyes sparkling, an easy smile lighting up his face.

“Oh. Clara," he mocked, leaning against the door frame.

“What's up?" I asked cautiously, looking past him and into the hall. “Didn't your friends come over? I heard voices downstairs."

“Oh, it was just Louis," he answered, shrugging.

“Wasn't he passed out on the couch?"

“He was, and then he left, and then he came over again," Harry explained. “He forgot something."

“Like…?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“You've got a lot of questions, don't you?" he chuckled. “He accidentally left his jacket."

“Okay. So, since your friends left, you decided to come and hang out with me, correct?" I asked.

“Um, yeah," he said, scratching his head. “You should've been expecting it, honestly."

I laughed. “Its true. It happens every single time." I sighed before stepping aside to let him in. He sat down on the bed, putting his hands behind his head and closing his eyes. I sat next to him, surveying the room. “I have to admit, I'm going to miss this place."

“Are you going to miss me?" Harry asked teasingly.

“No way," I laughed, knowing full well that I was lying to myself.

“But I thought we were friends," he pouted, giving me puppy eyes.

I sighed dramatically. “I guess we are."

Harry smiled, and I couldn't help but smile as well, ruffling his hair.

“I suppose I'll miss you, bestie," I joked, laughing as Harry went to fix his hair.

“We're only besties if you promise not to touch my hair," he warned.

I pretended to think about it before ruffling his hair once more. “I don't think I can promise that."

Harry narrowed his eyes. “You've brought this upon yourself," he warned, before he started tickling me.

I squealed, trying to move away, but Harry held me turn my in place as his fingers dug into my sides.

“Stop!" I said breathlessly, bursting into laughter. “Harry, stop!"

I flailed around, accidentally kicking him in the face and causing him to stop tickling me. Groaning, Harry held his hand to his eye.

“Sorry," I said sheepishly, laughing quietly.

“Why'd you kick me in the face?" he whined.

“You were tickling me," I responded. “I was only using self defense."

“Kicking me in the face is self defense?" Harry clarified, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, when you're tickling me, yeah," I replied, rolling my eyes.

“Sorry, I didn't know," he said dryly, sticking his tongue out at me. “I didn't read the rule book."

“Well, you should," I said, laying my head on the pillow and closing my eyes. “Rule number one is clearly: don't tickle Clara Elliot or you will get hurt."

~~

wow I'm already on chapter 16 okay

did anyone else see Calum's nudes cause it's weird js

sorry this chapter is shitty but shit is about to go down bc of Louis's plan okay

would anyone be interested in a character answer or something? idk I've seen them in other fics but would anyone be interested??? jw

question for you all: what's your favourite subject in school? or if you're not in school then what was your favourite subject (if you even had one)

mine is English and history except that was in elementary school and I'm going into high school this year bc I'm a big girl now lol so I don't know if that'll stay the same or not who rly knows

I rode on a motorcycle in red skinny jeans cause I'm cool can I get a fuck yeah

xx