XVII

"So, what do you want to do?"

Harry was hanging off my bed upside down while I scrolled through my newsfeed, mentally pouting at any cute couple pictures. I was single and I was going to be single for a while. Well, maybe not...

I glanced at Harry, laughing at how all of his hair was sticking up. It looked ridiculous, but I could actually see his face for once.

"You need a haircut," I remarked, closing my laptop and watching him.

"I can get one later," Harry said. "What do you want to do?"

I shrugged. "I heard you the first time, idiot."

"But you didn't answer," he pointed out.

"Well, what do you want to do?" I asked, setting my laptop down on the oak bedside table.

Harry shrugged, which looked hilarious since he was upside down. "Go for a walk?"

I groaned. "But that involves getting out of bed."

He sat up, raising his eyebrows. "Are you serious?"

I grinned, nodding. "It also involves physical activity, and I don't do well with that."

Harry huffed. "And yet you'll play volleyball."

"But I actually like volleyball," I told him. "Walking is just... ugh."

He rolled his eyes. "I'll make you a deal, if you'd like."

"You've got my attention," I informed him, crossing my arms.

"If you go on a walk with me, I'll cut my hair," Harry offered.

"When?" I demanded. "Soon after our walk, or years after our walk?"

"On Tuesday," he said. "Before you leave. I promise."

I held out my pinky, and once we locked them together, I stood up. "Get out, I have to change."

Harry rolled his eyes, a small smile on his lips, before getting up and exiting my room.

I headed to my closet, grabbing some shorts and a tank top and changing into them. I entered the hall, wearing penguin socks, and I slid down the hall until I reached the stairs. I descended the stairwell, sliding into the living room.

"Harry?" I called, slipping in my sneakers.

He walked out of another room, wearing black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt. He put on his boots before opening the door and gesturing for me to exit.

It was a pretty nice day out. The sun was hidden behind the clouds, occasionally coming out once in a while. There was a light breeze in the air as well, keeping me cool whenever the sun decided to grant us with its presence and heat.

"This way," Harry said, turning in the opposite direction that we had gone the other day to go to the beach. I followed him.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously, catching up to him and walking beside him.

He smiled. "Somewhere nice."

We continued walking, not saying anything, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Our hands accidentally brushed once and I jerked back, my face heated. Harry didn't seem to notice, though, which was a relief.

Soon, we reached a forest, and Harry stopped in front of it.

"This is nice," I remarked, scanning the perimeter. There were plenty of evergreen trees, as well as willow trees and others I didn't recognize. Harry was looking at the forest as well, but he seemed to be actually looking for something instead of admiring the nature. "Um, what are you looking for?"