XII

“Believe me and don't think twice."

“That was fun," Harry stated.

I was sitting on a recliner, a towel around my head to dry my wet hair. I had changed into new clothes, which consisted of gray yoga pants and a white Fall Out Boy shirt. I had removed my make-up as well, since it had started to run down my face. I couldn't be bothered to put it back on; it was only Harry that would be seeing me anyways.

“I guess so, yeah," I replied, pulling at my shirt. “Ugh, I think there's sand on me. This is why I hate beaches."

“You can always have a shower," Harry pointed out.

I shrugged. “Nah. I'm lazy, and I can suck it up."

“Suit yourself," Harry murmured. “Do you like a lot of bands?"

“Not really," I answered. “I only like a couple of them."

“And All Time Low and Fall Out Boy are two of them?" he asked.

I nodded. “Yup."

Harry nodded. “Cool."

“Yeah."

We sat there awkwardly, me playing with the edge of my shirt. Eventually, Harry broke the silence.

“We should watch a movie," he suggested.

“Alright," I said. “You pick, but I have to approve it first."

“Whatever you say, your majesty," Harry said mockingly, bowing slightly. I rolled my eyes as he straightened, grinning, before heading over to pick a movie. “Are you comfortable watching R rated movies?"

I shook my head. “No."

“Alright." Harry looked at the stack before picking one. “How about Scary Movie Three?"

“I haven't seen the first and second one," I answered pointedly, crossing my arms.

“Apparently they're rated R," Harry answered, “although I don't know why."

“Is it actually scary?" I questioned.

“Not at all," Harry laughed.

“Okay, we can try it," I said.

Harry opened the case, putting in the movie before sitting down on the same couch as me. “If you get scared, I'm right here if you need a cuddle," he suggested, jokingly.

“You wish," I responded, sticking my tongue out at him.

We watched the movie for about two hours, and once it ended, Harry sighed happily.

“That was hilarious," he commented, rubbing his eyes.

“It was hilarious in a stupid manner," I replied, setting my head down on the couch cushion.

“But it was funny, though," Harry clarified.

I sighed. “Not really. I was cringing."

“But you just admitted it was funny."

“I said it was hilarious in a stupid manner, yes."

“You and your fancy talk."

“It's not fancy talk, it means it funny for stupid people!"

“Are you implying something here?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

I groaned, face-palming. The fact that he didn't understand what I was talking about only proved my point.

“I'm going to get something to eat," I muttered, turning off the TV before heading to the kitchen. “Harry, stop following me," I said, since I could hear his footsteps following after mine.

“But what if I get attacked by the little girl?" Harry whined, watching as I made myself a sandwich. “Will you make me one?"

“No, do I look I a stereotypical woman to you?" I retorted. “And you won't get attacked, we haven't gotten a phone call."

At that exact moment, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket while Harry stared at it in horror. It was Allie, and I silently thanked her for her perfect timing.

“Hello?" I answered, watching Harry's reaction from the corner of my eye.

“Hey, Clara," Allie said, and from the tone of voice, I could tell she wanted something. “Okay, so, I know this is very last minute of me, but can you help me move the rest of my things into Zayn's place? He would help, but he's already got plans."

“Yeah, sure," I said.

She squealed. “Thank you! You're such a great friend. I'll see you soon!"

“Alright, you too," I said before hanging up. I turned to Harry. “You've got seven days."

He didn't look scared anymore, and I'm pretty sure it was just an act in the first place. “What's up?"

“I'm moving stuff with Allie," I answered, grabbing my sandwich before maneuvering my way to the front door. “I'm borrowing your car, thanks."

Before Harry could protest, I grabbed the keys, which were hanging on a hook, and ran out the front door.

I wasn't necessarily a bad driver, I just wasn't the best. Of course, I made sure not to tell Harry that.

“Wait!" Harry called. I glared at him. “Will you be sleeping over there?"

“I know how much you despise my presence," I said sarcastically, “and I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I will be returning for the night."

I saw the briefest hint of a smile flicker across his face before the neutral expression was back.

“Alright," he said. Then he went back into the house, so I backed out of lane way.

Once I reached Allie's house, she was already waiting for me.

“You are the best friend ever," she said breathlessly, handing me a big box once I stepped out of the car.

“I know," I replied, popping the trunk open and setting the box inside. “So, Zayn couldn't help you?"

“He already had plans," Allie answered, shrugging. “He wanted to help me. I told him he could go ahead and have fun. "

Soon, we had loaded all of the boxes in, and there was a light sheen of sweat on my face.

Allie and I talked a little more before it started to rain, and I said I should probably head back to Harry's.

I was exhausted, so I headed up to my room straight away. I didn't have a run-in with Harry, but I was glad. I wasn't in the mood for a conversation.

I changed into pajamas, making sure that my window was closed, before snuggling under the blankets and closing my eyes.

~~

so yeah unless my phone is lying to me (which I don't doubt) then I reached 300 votes and 100 comments so tysm :')

again I don't know who to dedicate this to oops

and there's no question of the day :( so I have a question for you guys hehe

what are your top favourite songs right now?

mine are: (in no particular order)
1. Salute by Little Mix
2. Arabella by Arctic Monkeys
3: Tomorrow Never Dies by 5 Seconds Of Summer
4. Close As Strangers by 5 Seconds Of Summer
5. Paint You Wings by All Time Low
6. Painting Flowers by All Time Low

so yeah :)) comment with a question pls

xx