IX

“And we'll lie inside for a little while."

“Clara!" Allie cried as soon as I opened the door. She pulled me into a hug, her thick blonde hair nearly suffocating me.“I wasn't sure if you were still alive!"

“Allie?" I asked in surprise. “What are you doing here?"

“I needed to make sure you were okay," she said, her tone stating that the answer was obvious. “You texted me that you were locked in a cellar, and then you never texted back."

“My phone died, and then your ass of a cousin stole my phone," I explained, glaring at Harry.

“I'm right here," he spoke up from behind me. I just rolled my eyes before stepping aside to let Allie enter.

“Who's this?" Harry asked. He was sitting on the couch, observing Allie and I curiously.

“I'm Allison Styles," she said, looking at him. “Your cousin."

“Weird. I've never seen you before."

“Because you never make an effort to hang out with your family."

Harry shrugged. “You got me there."

Allie sighed and rolled her green eyes before turning to me. “C'mon, Clara. Since I'm here, you might as well give me a tour of the place."

I nodded. “Alright." Turning to Harry, I said, “Don't follow us."

“I wouldn't dream if it" was his response.

I started showing Allie around, and once we were out of Harry's range, she turned to me.

“You never told me he was hot!" she exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes. Typical Allie.

When I didn't say anything, she lightly punched my shoulder. “Come on, don't tell me you don't see it."

“He's attractive," I said finally, “but I don't think I'd date him."

“Suit yourself," Allie said, shrugging.

“He's your cousin, Al."

“I know." She sighed. “Lets continue with the tour, shall we?"

It took a couple hours to show Allie the entire house, and then we sat in my bedroom, just talking.

“You haven't missed much," Allie told me. “The only thing I've heard is that Emily and Cole have started dating."

“Yeah, well, not much happens over the summer," I answered.

“So, back to you," she said. “What's happened in the two days that you've been here?"

“Well," I said, “one of Harry's friends tried to hit on me, and they locked me in the cellar, and that's about it."

“And you're still here," she noted, smirking.

I nodded. “I plan to stay here until Anne gets back."

“That's my girl," Allie said. “You know, a way to really surprise Harry and show him that you're his babysitter, is to prank them or something."

I raised an eyebrow. “You know I'm horrible at pranking."

“You can always look something up on Google," Allie suggested. “You don't have to do it, I'm just saying that it's basically telling them you won't put up with their bullshit."

We talked some more, and then when Allie's stomach grumbled loudly, we headed downstairs to find some food.

“So, your mom is fine with you here?" I asked, searching around in the cupboards. There were plenty of things that I could use to bake a cake or something, but I really don't think cake is a suitable meal.