XIX

When I woke up the next day, the first thing I noticed was that it smelled like food. The aroma of pancakes and bacon hit my nostrils, and I guess I assumed that Anne was home.

Jumping up, I scrambled to put on some actual clothes, brushing my hair with my fingers as I ran down the hall.

“Hi, sorry I'm- oh, it's you."

I skidded to a stop in the kitchen, starting to apologize, but then I noticed it wasn't Anne, but her son. He had one of those chef hats on top of his curly hair, and an apron tied over his head and around his waist.

He turned around, smiling at me. “Good morning."

“Uh, good morning to you, too," I said warily, eyeing the spatula in Harry's hand. “What are you doing?"

“Oh." Harry blushed a little, smiling. “I thought I'd, um, make breakfast for the both of us. I made bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausages-"

“Wait." I cut him off. “You can cook?"

“Um, yeah," he said, staring at me like I was stupid or something.

“Then why'd you want me to cook for you all those times ago?!" I exclaimed, exasperated.

He grinned at me. “Well, because you already had food, and I was too lazy to actually make some myself."

“That's a horrible reason."

“I'd like to think it's pretty brilliant."

I sighed dramatically, sitting down at the table.

“Do you want breakfast or not?" Harry demanded. He glanced at the big plate filled with pancakes. “I'm sure I can eat this all by myself…"

“I bet you'd get full after the fifth pancake." I smirked. “But, yeah, I'd love breakfast."

Harry rolled his eyes but put some food onto two plates. Then, he carried them over to the table, set one in front of me, and we began eating.

“This is really good," I complemented, drowning my piece of pancake in the puddle of syrup on my plate. “Why don't you cook a lot more?"

“I usually cook for my mom and myself all the time," he replied, eating his food as well. “Sometimes, I just get tired of it, and one of those times just happened to be when you came over."

Soon, I was finished everything on my plate, and I went back for seconds. Harry finished before I did, so he just quietly watched me devour the food. I kind of felt uncomfortable, but I tried to ignore that and just enjoy the food as much as possible.

“So, now what?" I asked after I was finished eating. I placed my dish delicately in the sink, washing my hands afterwards.

“Hm, usually I'm the one asking you that," Harry replied, resting his face against his fists.

I rolled my eyes, leaning against the counter. “Whatever. Are we even going to do anything, or can I go back up to my room and hide?"

“You can't do that," he told me. “I've planned a lot of things for us to do."

“Oh?" I raised an eyebrow. “Is that so? Like what?"

He smiled mischievously. “That's a surprise."

“Ugh. Fine." I playfully stuck my tongue out at him. “When do we leave for whatever secretive thing we're doing?"

Harry glanced at the clock on the wall. “Now, actually."

I also looked at the clock, surprised to see that it was nearly twelve o'clock. “We can't leave right now! Don't you understand that I'm a girl? I need time to get ready!"

I nearly ran to my room, grabbing a pair of jeans and a gray Batman shirt. Heading into the bathroom, I properly brushed my hair, and applied a bit of make up. Slipping my feet into socks, I slid down the hardwood floor again.

“Okay, I'm ready now," I said, poking my head into the kitchen. Harry looked up from his phone, shoving it into his pocket before standing up and smiling at me.

“Finally," he said in a mock exasperated voice.

“Shut up, I didn't take that long," I answered, putting on my sneakers.

Harry led me to his car, holding the door open for me. As I buckled myself in, he started the engines up, backing out of the lane way.

We drove for a while, and soon, Harry was pulling into a parking lot. I tried to see where we were going, but there were a lot of buildings in the plaza, so I couldn't figure out exactly where we were going.

Harry found a parking spot, turned the car off, and glanced at me. “Close your eyes," he instructed, smiling cheekily at me.

I sighed but did as he told and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt around for the door handle, not succeeding.

“Okay, hold on," I heard Harry's voice say. I stopped what I was doing, waiting for Harry so, I don't know, hopefully help me out of this vehicle. “Okay." Harry's voice reappeared, and I felt his hand grasp mine. “Just step down carefully. I've got you."

I felt around with my feet, hoping to find the ground. I did eventually, and Harry led me out of the car, laughing at me.

“I'd hate to be blind," I mumbled, the hand that Harry wasn't holding extended out in front of me.

Out of no where, I suddenly in the air. I let out a little scream, grasping Harry's hand tightly. He laughed.

“Calm down, Clara," he told me. “I'm just speeding up the process of our getting there."

I would roll my eyes, but they were currently closed. “You're still not going to tell me where we're going?"

“I don't see the point," Harry replied, and I could picture him sticking his tongue out at me.

“Why not?" I pouted.

“Because we'll be there soon," Harry explained slowly.

I slapped him playfully. “Are you sure? It feels like it's taking foreeeeeever."

I heard doors slide open, and then close, and I figured we were inside.

“Finally," I muttered jokingly, nearly falling over once Harry set me down. “Can I open my eyes now?"

“Yeah," Harry said.

I opened my eyes, blinking a little to get adjusted, and then nearly laughed at what I saw.

~~

unedited sorry

shit I meant to post this yesterday

and I wrote half of this on the bus bc no one sits with me but that's okay I like sitting alone

um um um I had to say something but I forget crap

EWASHTON READS THIS AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING I'M SO HAPPY

if anyone wants to ask a question go right on ahead

also shit was supposed to go down in this chappie but I split it in half soz but ANY WHO

ily all bye

xx

p.s. oh yeah I'm almost at 600 votes and 200 comments thank you all so much

oh wait I already reached 600 lol