VII

“And, oh, what a shame."

When Harry came to get me the next day, I had already hyperventilated and was lying passed out on the cold floor. All I remember was waking up in my bed with a massive headache.

After padding downstairs to get a drink of water, I stood in the kitchen, clutching the countertop tightly. I knew that I had just revealed a weakness to Harry and his friends, and that they would most likely use it against me in the near future. I had to be ready next time.

“So."

I turned around to watch Harry pull out a chair and sit down, observing me with his chilling green eyes.

“You're scared of tiny, dark spaces, are you?" he remarked; I just clenched my jaw.

“Well, I've called a taxi for you," he continued. “It should come soon, so I'd suggest that you pack soon."

“I'm not leaving." My words seemed to hang in the air as Harry's eyes narrowed.

“You what?" he asked quietly.

I stood my ground. “You heard me. I'm not leaving. It's about time that someone shows you that you're not all that."

Harry stood up slowly, advancing towards me. “And you're going to be the one to show me?" he chuckled, looming over me.

I nodded, avoiding his gaze.

He twirled a piece of my brown hair around his finger, staring at me thoughtfully. “Then I might as well know your name."

I thought about it before answering. “Clara." It's not like he could do anything with a name. Right?

The corners of his mouth quirked up in a smile. “Cute," he murmured, letting my hair fall from his finger. “You do realize I'll still try to get rid of you, right?"

I nodded. “And you realize that, no matter what you do, I will still stay here?"

Harry nodded soundlessly, pursing his lips. He stepped back a few steps and observed me before he asked another question.

“Why are you doing it?"

I frowned slightly. “What?"

“Why did you agree to babysit me?" He rephrased the question, and I bit my lip to contain my laugh at how ridiculous it sounded. I, Clara Elliot, an eighteen-year-old, was babysitting a man two years older than me? The situation only just dawned on me, and I smiled briefly.

“Um..." I shrugged half-heartedly. “I don't really know, to be honest." I didn't want to admit that one reason I agreed was because of the money, since I needed to move out of my parent's house as soon as possible. The other reason, though, was to spend time with a kid whose mom worked all the time and had no time for him, and to show him that even though his mother worked, he could at least have a decent babysitter. I didn't want anymore kids to go through what I went through. It seemed pretty ridiculous though, considering he was twenty and perfectly able to take care of himself, and be his own decent babysitter.

Harry regarded me. I could tell from the look on his face that he didn't believe that I “didn't know," but he didn't say anything.

“So," I said, attempting to make conversation. “Have you come up with your latest scheme to make me leave?"

“No, because I thought you would have left by now." He smirked at me.

That cocky motherfucker.

~~

it's short so sorry :S

dedicated to @wrecking_styles bc she (I think she's a she) was the first person to comment and stuff and I rly appreciate that so ty

any who

I'm going to try with the qotd soo um comment a question below pls and ty

if that doesn't work then I'll ask the q's buuuut I kinda want to answer q's :3

xx