III

“It's harder than you think."

“Allie!" I yelled into my phone. “You never told me your cousin is twenty!"

Harry had untied me, answering a couple of questions I had, including how old he was and why he had tied me up. He had gone into the kitchen and I had headed up to my room. I'd locked the door, enjoying that luxury, before flopping on the perfect bed and calling Allie.

“I did tell you that I've never met him and-wait, he's twenty?" she asked incredulously.

“Yeah!" I protested. “Why does he need a babysitter, and a younger one at that?"

“Um." I pictured Allie biting her lip. “I don't know, maybe Anne doesn't trust him alone in the house? I mean, he's chased away approximately fifteen babysitters already."

“Why did she hire one in the first place, and why did she continue hiring them?" I asked in exasperation, pressing the pillow into my face.

“Don't ask me," Allie said defensively. “I'm not her."

I groaned. “He tied me up, for goodness sakes!"

Allie gasped. “He what?!"

“Yeah! I fell asleep on a chair, and when I woke up, I was tied up! I asked him why, he said it was because he didn't know if I was a burglar or not."

Allie snorted. “Yeah, because a burglar would fall asleep on one of his chairs. Makes perfect sense."

“I know, right?" I rolled over. “Al, how am I supposed to survive this?"

“I'm not sure," she admitted, “but you have to find some way. Anne believes in you, and so do I."

“Stop being so cheesy," I told her.

“Whatever. Just... Don't let him chase you away. You're a strong willed person, you won't leave that easily."

“Okay." I nodded, even though she couldn't see me. “Well... I guess I'll be going now. See you later."

“Okay, bye," she said.

We both hung up, and I put my phone in my pocket. I walked to my door and opened it.

I had already made it to the first floor when I realized I wasn't sure what I was going to do. He was two years older than me, so he wasn't going to listen to me.

It's okay, Clara, I told myself. You can handle this. Don't let him get to you. Be strong, it's only a week.

I rolled my eyes. I could be really weird sometimes.

I walked out of the stairwell, looking around. Harry was nowhere in sight, and I was hungry, so I made my way to the kitchen.

I finished making my ham and cheese sandwich, putting it on a plate. I turned around, preparing to go eat while watching something. Instead, I found Harry in the doorway.

“It's nearly ten at night, and you're making yourself a sandwich?" he mused.

“Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I asked defensively.

He put his hands up. “Nothing."

“Good." I attempted to push past him, but he didn't budge. He just watched me with an amused smile.

I let out a breath of exasperation. “Can you move, please?"

He continued to stand there.

I sighed. “Would you like something?"

“We need to go over some things," he said.

“Like...?" I asked.

“I'm assuming you heard about what happened to the other babysitters, correct?" he began.

I nodded.

“And I hope you know that even though you're close to my age, you're no exception?" he said, staring down at me.

I nodded again, unfazed. I was determined to stay, no matter what he did.

Harry scrutinized me. “I'm surprised you haven't left yet."

I raised an eyebrow. “You are?"

He nodded.

“Why?" I couldn't help but asking. He hadn't done anything to me.

“Because I tied you up, for one thing," he said. “And second, because I'm not at all what you were expecting. My mother didn't tell you my age before she left, did she?"

I didn't have to answer that question. He already knew the answer.

“She never tells any of the babysitters my age," he drawled. “And guess what? Most of them have left on the second day." He leaned down so that his mouth was by my ear. “And I expect you'll be no different."

He turned and walked out of the room. I just stood there, clutching the plate tightly, his words ringing in my head.

~~

sooo yeah chapter three

dedicated to @1d_jollygood bc I love her stories soo much

my computer and wifi are being stupid so I can't actually do the dedication thingy bc I can only do it on the computer SO YEAH

anyways I'll update in a couple of days bc its my bday then :3

xx