XXXI

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, glancing over at me worriedly. We sat on the side of the sidewalk at the end of my road, since I had gotten his car towed. Well, no, actually; my stupid parents had gotten his car towed.

I wanted to say yes, so that he wouldn't worry about me, but I knew he'd be able to see right through me, so I shook my head and said no.

"Sorry for blowing up like that," Harry apologized, playing with the laces of his shoes. He was wearing converse, which was different. "I was just… They needed to be stood up to, Clara, for treating you like dirt. Sorry if I, um, ruined everything."

"You didn't ruin everything," I told him. "I'm actually really glad you did tell them all that stuff." By saying what he had, he'd given me the confidence to finally stand up to my parents, which was something I had wished I could do for a long time. They were horrible parents, they didn't seem to care for me whatsoever, they continuously disrespected me… I could go on and on.

Blushing, I added, "Did you really mean it? All the things you said?"

"Of course I did," Harry said, looking me in the eye and saying, “Every single word of it,” sounding so genuine that I wanted to believe him.

We sat in comfortable silence before I asked, "What now?"

"Well, you could, er, come live with me," Harry suggested nervously, twiddling his fingers. "I mean, we've got tons of empty rooms."

"I'd love that," I said, smiling. "But what about my stuff? Like, clothes, cosmetics… That's all back with them." By them I meant my parents, and although they created me, they didn't act like parents at all.

"We can get new ones," Harry said dismissively. "Unless you want to go back there, which, by all means, is perfectly okay."

I shook my head firmly. "I do not want to go back there. Maybe I will eventually, but not today."

Harry nodded before standing up. "Sounds good. Let's head back first, though."

We walked to his house, which didn't take too long, thankfully. The sun was bright and searing, and I was sure I had a burn across my nose, like I always got when I was out in the sun for too long.

Once we stepped inside Harry's huge house, the air conditioning cooled me down as I took off my shoes. I looked over at Harry, who smiled and bopped my nose.

"You have a sunburn already," he noted.

"Like always," I grumbled.

We headed up to Anne's room, Harry cautiously knocking on the door before pushing it open.

"Oh, hello, Harry," she said kindly, looking up from her computer and smiling. "And Clara! How nice to see you again!"

"Is it okay if Clara stays with us?" Harry requested. "She got in a fight with her parents."

"Of course," Anne said, smiling again at me. "You're welcome here anytime, Clara."

"Thank you so much," I gushed.

"Don't mention it," she replied.

"Clara and I are heading out to the mall to go get her clothes and stuff," Harry notified her.

"We have plenty of clothes here," Anne said, sounding a bit confused.

"Uh." I bit my lip. "They're not really my style. Sorry."

She beamed at me. "That's perfectly okay, don't worry about it. You two have fun, okay?"

I thanked her again for letting me stay and then headed downstairs with Harry. We put on our shoes once again and went into the garage, where three very fancy and slick looking cars sat, shining brightly.

Harry got into the driver's side and I carefully climbed into the passenger's seat, trying not to smudge or accidentally wreck anything.

"Careful, much?" Harry smiled at me, and I blushed.

"Shut up," I mumbled. "I don't want to ruin anything."

"The last thing you'll do is ruin things," he assured me. "Even if you did, somehow, find some way to completely wreck this car, it wouldn't matter to me, because as long as I have you, I couldn't care about anything else."

The blush on my face deepened. "Not even water?" I asked. "Or food?"

Harry stuck his tongue out at me, grinning widely before starting the car, opening the garage door, and pulling out of the lane way.

"So, what do you want to do with your life?" he asked after a bit. "Like, college, job, family, etcetera…"

"Well, I'd like to go to university," I started. "Preferably in another country, or city at least."

"Which one would you want to go to?" Harry asked.

"Well, there's one in New York that I've been looking at," I said. "It's not the same one that Allie's going to, but it's kind of close. Um, I'd probably just try to get a degree because I don't know what I want to do with my life. A journalist would be fun, I think. As for a family…" I momentarily glanced at Harry. "Well, I mean, I'd like to have kids, but I'm scared I'd end up being like my parents."

"There is no possible way you'll end up like your parents," Harry said. "Clara, you're one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I can't even imagine you being slightly like your parents, so there's no way you'll end up even close to being like your parents."

I smiled, staring down at my lap. Although I didn't say this aloud, I really hoped I ended up with Harry. He was perfect, and probably the best thing that had ever happened to me.

We arrived at the mall, and as we were walking towards the entrance, Harry grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. My heart fluttered, and I shot a sideways glance at him to see a massive smile on his face.

Things might have started out horribly for the both of us, but I hoped that we could end up with a happily ever after.

~~

Hello hello hello

I was going to post yesterday bc Valentine's Day but I hung out with my friend all day so I didn't get the time

I switched schools and the new one is so much better than my old one :D

I actually completed my New Year's Resolution by finishing the first draft of my book. I'm actually so happy and proud that I finished bc finishing a book is so much harder than everything thinks

Yeah that's about it ily all did any of you have a date for Valentine's Day ;) ;)