Chapter 26 - The First Arrival

Pandora's P.O.V.

“WHAT THE HELL?!?” I screamed. “What do they think they're doing!?! They can't just magic in a freaking castle in the middle of freaking nowhere!!”

Cicero stumbled to his feet and came over to me.

“Adalwolfa please calm down. Normal humans can't see it, only us.” he explained.

“That doesn't explain why they decided to teleport a castle into my backyard!”

“They couldn't take the chance that you decided not to come back with Uncle. So they came here instead.” Cicero said.

“But-!”

As I spoke down to Cicero I noticed something odd about him. He was staring at me and he looked a little flushed.

“Cicero? Are you alright?” I asked as I stepped forward to check on him.

He jumped back quickly while waving his hands.

“No, no, no I'm fine! Really!” he said quickly. “It's just...I wasn't able to see your human form last time.....”

“Is that a problem?” I asked.

Before he could reply I felt someone grab my arm.

“Pandora I think we should head inside now.” Arya said softly while staring at Cicero.

A flash of adrenaline burst through me as I watched Cicero sprint over to Arya's side. She gasped when she realized he was there. To a human it probably seemed like his action was instantaneous.

“How dare you human? To lay a hand on the Adalwolfa and address her so intimately. Any other werewolf without my level of self control would have torn you apart by now.” he growled menacingly.

I immediately stepped forward and pulled Arya behind me.

“Cicero you-”

I was interrupted by the sound of pounding. The ground shook again but not nearly as bad as before.

Pandora....something's wrong.” Lex said as she came to stand next to me.

I know. Something is coming.....it's a group of werewolves!”

A minute later I was proven right as about a dozen men in matching uniforms appeared from the tree line. Without hesitation they sprinted forward and knelt in front of me.

“Good day lady Adalwolfa. As you can see the honorable Roukan had decreed the transfer of their operations to this area to be closer to your home. They wish to meet you as soon as possible and have graced us with the duty of escorting you.” he said grandly.

What the hell? What century does he think he's in?

A familiar scent drifted on the wind as another man stepped forward.

“Hello again Lady Kane. Your human form is just as beautiful as your wolf.”

“Gideon.” I replied.

“I am truly sorry for what has happened. I tried to keep my promise but the lords suspected me of treason when I kept your discovery from them, and I had no choice but to tell the truth.” he explained quietly as his head hung in shame.

Even after talking with him before I still couldn't get used to his formal way of speaking.

“It's alright Gideon I wouldn't want you getting hurt because of me.” I said.

“Can I talk to you inside for a moment?” he asked with a pointed look.

“Sure, but the escorts stay out here.”