Chapter 9 - The First Run

Pandora's P.O.V.

After the twins calmed down I bit, I finally managed to bring myself to ask them.

“So what are you guys going to do next?” I asked hesitantly.

The twins glanced at each other for a moment.

“Well I guess we'll have to keep moving. Who knows when the others will come looking for us again. They're not the kind of guys to just let us go after what we did. Especially Turner.” Lexie said with a grimace.

“Turner?”

“He's the leader of the pack of dogs who were at the center of the uprising.” she said with a dark look. “We can't get caught by him again. No matter what.”

“You know....you guys could always stay here for a while.” I said slowly.

The twins turned to me in shock. I guess after everything they'd been through, kindness from someone they'd only really known for a few hours was pretty strange.

“Pandora, you know what you're saying right? I mean, they could come for us at any time. You'd be putting yourself and your mom in danger. We couldn't go along with that after everything you've done for us.” Lexie said with a sad look.

“I know what kind of danger this could bring, but it wouldn't feel right sending you guys away to face this on your own. Besides, me and Mom are a lot tougher than we look.” I said with a smile.

Mason turned to Lexie and after a few moments: “Would it be alright if we thought about it for a while?”

“Sure, Mace.” I said as I grinned at him.

"Mace?” Lexie asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh sorry. It just came out naturally. Would it be alright if I called you that?” I asked him.

“Umm sure. I've never really had a nickname before.” Mace said as he looked down with red cheeks.

“Jeez, Mason. She just shortened your name. No need to go all mushy.” Lexie said with an admonishing tone.

“Great! So how about I call you Lex?” I asked excitedly.

Lexie flinched and then turned away.

“Well it's not like it matters to me. Just do what you want.” she said quickly.

I grinned when I saw red ears underneath her hair.

“So what do you guys want to do next?” I asked as I cleaned up the dishes.

“Can we go for a run? If we end up staying here it would be better if we know the layout of the surrounding forest.” Lex said as she moved to help.

“Sure just give me a minute. You guys can go out to the backyard while I finish.” I said as I started washing the last of the pans.

“Alright.” Lex said and she walked out the back door with her brother following behind.

After I finished I toweled off my hands and walked out the back door. Lex and Mace were talking intently. Probably about whether or not they should stay.

“You guys ready?” I asked as I walked up.

They both stopped talking and quickly turned around.

“Yeah, let's get going.” Lex said.

Suddenly they both started to strip right in front of me.

“Woah! Woah! What the heck are you guys doing?!” I screamed.